Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Screen goes dark after completing call??

After I complete a call my screen goes dark before I can exit the call. So I have a black screen and still connected to the caller without any way to exit. After pushing the on-off and waving phone I can get the screen back. Very frustrating. This did not happen until a couple of months ago, about 2 months after getting phone. I know phone is suppose to go dark when held to ear to avoid pressing other buttons but this is after that and holding phone both horizontally and vertically. Ideas? Thanks,

Default Re: Screen goes dark after completing call??

Quote Originally Posted by phonewest View Post
    After I complete a call my screen goes dark before I can exit the call. So I have a black screen and still connected to the caller without any way to exit. After pushing the on-off and waving phone I can get the screen back. Very frustrating. This did not happen until a couple of months ago, about 2 months after getting phone. I know phone is suppose to go dark when held to ear to avoid pressing other buttons but this is after that and holding phone both horizontally and vertically. Ideas? Thanks,
    Mine is doing that too. If I'm leaving a voicemail for say, an office phone, I CAN'T HANG UP. And once when I started cussing a bit with frustration, it GOT RECORDED. Fortunately, it was a buddy that I was leaving a message for. But still.

I have no answer.

You could turn on the power button to end call accessibility option

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Mine turned out to be the proximity sensor. Called Verizon and they said they've had a few units do this. Sent me a new (reconditioned) phone and problem solved. That is the sensor that determines when the phone is lowered from the ear. Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by phonewest View Post
    Mine turned out to be the proximity sensor. Called Verizon and they said they've had a few units do this. Sent me a new (reconditioned) phone and problem solved. That is the sensor that determines when the phone is lowered from the ear. Hope that helps.
    Yea, I knew it was the proximity sensor. But I keep searching and it seems that Nova Launcher can have an effect on it, so since I was going to do a reset after the last update, after a full cache wipe and format, I didn't reinstall Nova. And it's been fine for every call I made/received yesterday, where with Nova I had at best 50% of the calls not be affected.

For me, I'm blaming this on software. But I'll definitely complain if it starts happening again.

Try apex

Quote Originally Posted by dark_mirage View Post
    Try apex

Will do. Thanks