Sound Quality Complaints

Cadois

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
When talking to anyone on my Droid Razr HD, there are complaints from them that they can not hear me clearly or that I am sounding muffled. This has continued to happen ever since I purchased my phone a couple months ago. Is there a known reason for this, are there others with similar problems, or could it just be my particular phone? It is frustrating to have to repeat myself multiple times and even more frustrating because I am the "tech guy" who doesn't have flawless and awesome, working technology.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
From my experience the phone needs to be held il where the mic is close to the mouth. Even pulling the mic away in an angle can cause slight issues. This is also true for my Note II so don't feel as if you're singled out.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

Cadois

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I wasn't sure if it was just me or not. I tend to move the phone away from my mouth a lot, so I may need to concentrate more on that or go with a Bluetooth device or something.

pblakk

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
Yeah actually the audio production through this phone sucks. I accepted this a while back. I've reviewed a few voicemails recorded on friends' cells and I couldn't believe how badly muffled they were, low volume also. These were recorded directly through the phone mic and not a headset. But for a long conversation I always use my wired headset which is hugely better.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Yeah actually the audio production through this phone sucks. I accepted this a while back. I've reviewed a few voicemails recorded on friends' cells and I couldn't believe how badly muffled they were, low volume also. These were recorded directly through the phone mic and not a headset. But for a long conversation I always use my wired headset which is hugely better.

Are you sure you're holding the phone correctly? I've been told I sound like I'm far away before but a simple adjustment solves this issue. This was on a Note II, RAZR Maxx, RAZR HD Maxx.

pblakk

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
Are you sure you're holding the phone correctly? I've been told I sound like I'm far away before but a simple adjustment solves this issue. This was on a Note II, RAZR Maxx, RAZR HD Maxx.

Not sure but I'm gonna test it out. But I mostly hold the phone speaking right over the mic. Thanks.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Not sure but I'm gonna test it out. But I mostly hold the phone speaking right over the mic. Thanks.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

Any luck? I tested this on my Maxx HD and my friend said I sounded distant until I moved the phone in a more "phone style" angle.