- 5 Posts
(I've posted a duplicate thread in the MAXX HD forums. If this is against the rules, please close this one).
I've seen many videos of the original Droid Razr and Razr Maxx phones holding up extremely well to water with their 'water-resistant nano-coating', surviving not only splashes as advertised but also complete immersion for long durations. Many video examples can be viewed:
Immersed ~2 inches for 51s (starts at 0:40)
Immersed 14 inches for 40s (starts at 0:20)
Immersed~2 inches for 20s (starts at 4:43)
The New Droid Razr HD and Maxx HD also advertise this 'water-resistant nano-coating'. My question is: Is this the same technology used in the older Droid Razrs and can the same level of water protection seen in these videos and many others be reasonably expected in these new phones?
- 02-26-2013, 08:20 AM #2
Re: Water Resistance
thanks for the videos! From everything Ive read...they have the exact same water resistant nano coating. The only difference would be slight changes in the casing...and how much more/less water that lets into the phone in the given time IMO. I dont think anybody wants to dunk their HD to find out!!~ Still Waters Run Deep ~
- 03-03-2013, 11:45 PM #3
- By fishstik5 in forum Droid RAZR MAXX HDReplies: 3Last Post: 02-26-2013, 03:33 PM
- By Matto2007 in forum Verizon Droid DNAReplies: 2Last Post: 11-19-2012, 08:38 AM
- By CSI Guy in forum Google / HTC Nexus OneReplies: 6Last Post: 04-03-2010, 12:22 PM
- By PRNmeds in forum Motorola Droid Rooting, ROMs and HacksReplies: 14Last Post: 03-21-2010, 11:04 AM
- By ilmcub in forum Samsung MomentReplies: 5Last Post: 01-22-2010, 07:45 PM