Who can I pay to root my Droid RAZR HD

Tim228

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
Okay, I know this is frowned upon. Read and study the directions, think and do it for for yourself, yada-yada. I have rooted previous phones and hacked CM7 onto my NookColor, so not a total newbie. But the instructions for rooting the Droid RAZR HD (JB 4.1.1) are somewhat convoluted: reverting to ICS stock (will that work on a phone that came out of the box with JB?) rooting & un-rooting thru multiple updates, etc. Thing is I was gonna tackle it, but the most recent threads show ALOT of people unable to complete the process, or at minimum, stuck on ICS with JB update refusing to take. Summary: is there anyone/place I can take my phone to in the San Jose CA area that I would pay to do it? Maybe someone who's tackled this particular task already. Thanks for any referral.

ski9826

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Hello. I have the same phone and went through the same difficulties. I did have to revert to ICS (I think it was 4.0.4), root the device, then temporarily unroot (using Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper) and allow the OTA update to do its thing. After you revert to ICS, just use the DROID RAZR HD Utilityu 1.10 - worked fine for me. Hope this helps! Also, to get future updates, make sure if you get rid of system apps (I got rid of a lot of them), that you just freeze them. Don't actually uninstall them or when you need to update you will experience more issues.

andrewlasvegas

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
hello, I am trying to root my RAZR HD and it is currently running 4.1.2. How do you revert back to ICS? Most threads are saying that it is not possible.

Audacious7

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm here trying to root my phone as well. From what I have read being 4.1.2 and 9.18.79.XT926 I heard it is impossible to now root my phone. Is this true?

SmokeNMirrors

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm here trying to root my phone as well. From what I have read being 4.1.2 and 9.18.79.XT926 I heard it is impossible to now root my phone. Is this true?

You can root 4.1.2 with MotoChopper no need to flash back or deal with ICS. You'll just need a PC with the latest Moto drivers and the MotoChopper package. You'll also need one finger to make 1-click.

McTavish

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
You can root 4.1.2 with MotoChopper no need to flash back or deal with ICS. You'll just need a PC with the latest Moto drivers and the MotoChopper package. You'll also need one finger to make 1-click.

Make sure it's the right motochopper. Version 1.3 is ONLY for the 9.18.79 build of jb 4.1.2

Sent from my XT 926 using AC Forums mobile app