Needing a change - Samsung S3 to Droid Razr HD

taraji

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
I have taken the step! Posted my S3 for trade on craigslist. I am wanting to try a new brand and this is it!! I like the size, the design and I am looking for all information that I can gather from happy Droid users. I have been a Samsung use since the Vibrant and have had every version after. I like the S3, but I just need a change and I have tried HTC (my touch) and of course the iPhone. My coworker has a Motorola Photon and she loves it. So now I want to branch out and try the Razr HD. Any thoughts?

tech_head

Q&A Team
Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
I have taken the step! Posted my S3 for trade on craigslist. I am wanting to try a new brand and this is it!! I like the size, the design and I am looking for all information that I can gather from happy Droid users. I have been a Samsung use since the Vibrant and have had every version after. I like the S3, but I just need a change and I have tried HTC (my touch) and of course the iPhone. My coworker has a Motorola Photon and she loves it. So now I want to branch out and try the Razr HD. Any thoughts?

Biggest difference is feel and construction.
Both screens are AMOLED. Both use the same processor. Both have Micro SD.
Razr HD battery can't be removed. Rooting is possibly easier on the Razr HD.

My daughter has the S3 and I have the Razr HD.
I like the fit and finish of mine. The accessory selection on the S3 is much better than the Razr.

taraji

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for your response. If you cannot remove the battery how do you do a hard reset?

I have had to pull the battery from my once since I got it. Also, is the razr hd noticeably heavier than the S3?

Sent from my S3 using Tapatalk 2

rackumrack

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I owned the S3 for approximately five months and got fed up with the radio on the phone. I would loose service constantly and I live in a rural area. I had the OG Razr Maxx before so when I had the opportunity to trade plus $100 I went to the Razr Maxx HD. I miss the operating system of the S3 but love the battery life and radio on the Razr. I think you will be happy with your choice, I have not looked back. The Razr has a more solid build has well, not a cheap piece of plastic like the S3. You will notice it is slightly heavier because it has a 2600mah battery and is just constructed so much better.

blg923

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Spend the extra money or wait for an Amazon or Best Buy deal and get the MAXX HD...you won't be sorry.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2

taraji

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Got the RAZR HD. Was surprised that it had no music player. Battery power is awesome, but the adjustment from the S3 it's different :-/... I like it so far. The only disappointment is that I cannot sync my fitbit remotely .

Slicing thru forums w/ my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38