Lumia 822 vs RAZR HD (or Razr M)

NickNick43

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
To all posted this in RAZR m but now considering dropping 100 on the RAZR HD since the on screen controls pits it closer to 4.3 screen than the M. Thoughts?

Switching to Verizon from Tmo where I am currently using an HTC One S. The One S could possibly be my favorite hardware in some time, I love the thinness and the MAO coating. That said I am switching to Verizon and looking at either the Razr M or Lumia 822, both which are free on contract. I have also played with the idea of paying the 99 for the Razr HD but I think 4.3" screens are my sweet spot.

So anyone who has used both please chime in. The main feature making with Android is Google Now but I don't know how useful it will be since I only use Google Calendar and Talk, I don;t use Gmail anymore or Google +. I used a Lumia 710 for about 9 mo on Tmo and I loved most of it. Here are my Pro's and Con's

Razr M Pros
-Hardware
-Google Now
-Possible faster updates than HTC or Samsung Android phones
-Some apps better than WP8 alternative (FB, Google Talk)

Razr M Cons
-Typical Android Lag/reboots/freezing
-I use Live Mail and stock mail is bad
-Possibly no updates based on manufacturer whim

Lumia 822 Pros
-Stable system
-Better camera
-Nokia Music
-Guaranteed 18 mo of updates
-Wireless charging
-Sensitive touch screen

Lumia 822 Cons
-Hardware
-Some apps not as good as Android equivilent (don't care about having every app available)
-Some weird software uses (like the search button that only directs to Bing)

It's a short list but please add to it. I will probably setup my new plan Sunday and I'm having a hard time deciding. There is just something about WP that is drawing me back to it even though I have had a relatively lag and reboot free 4 months with my One S.

Thanks, Nick

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze