Droid Razr HD rebooting

paintpearl

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I just got my Droid Razr HD last week and several times now it just decided to restart all on its own. The night before last it did it about 3 times within a 30 minute period. What could be the cause of this? Any help would greatly be appreciated.

pblakk

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
Mine has rebooted on its own a few times but that is excessive and probably caused by a bad app. If you already have a lot of apps installed your best bet is to do a factory reset and start clean again. You should do a factory reset now anyway. Even if you took it back to the store they would troubleshoot it and want to do a factory reset on the spot.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

Tammy Gates

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I have totally LOVED my RAZR HD....up until about a month or so ago. This is my first smartphone...I bought it back in February, and have thoroughly enjoyed it. I use it for everything, including listening to music while running (and I have an app that I use on the phone to track my progress "RunKeeper"). Within the last month or so, my phone will just arbitrarily reboot itself...and it doesn't matter when. I can be in the middle of a call, in the middle of a run...I could have "nothing" running and have it just sitting on the counter and it will reboot!!! I took it into local Verizon store, and was told that I need to turn it off at least once a week for 15 minutes, and that problem will stop. It hasn't. I have deleted apps...it still reboots on its own. HELP! I am guessing at this point that it really has nothing to do with my apps (I only have a few left on there now...the ones I already had prior to my issues)...it must have something to do with hardware/OS, or updates of the OS....but I don't know what to do, or how to fix/resolve this issue!! Please HELP!!

kjharrison

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site
I have an upgrade next month and have been thinking oh the Razr HD.
Is this a common problem?

Sent from my ADR6350 using Android Central Forums

sirlancelot323

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Been having the same problem. Funny, it only started after 4.1.2 was pushed to my phone. Coincidence?

It'll be totally random; I can't ever re-create it reliably.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2