Razr HD infinite reset loop

DNNSBRKR

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
I have the Motorola Razr HD with jelly bean 4.1.2
I just recently decided to do a factory reset of my phone. but when the phone rebooted it would show the motorola logo followed by the android update logo (the android with the blue spinning thing at its chest and the blue loading bar at the bottom), but then it would crash and reboot and just keep looping like this.
I was able to get past this by holding down the power button and volume up or both volume up and volume down. it would take me to the boot screen where most of the options would be able to take me to the phone's start up screen (the initial set up screens when the phone is restarted).
The BIG problem is, whenever i turn off my phone it'll bring me back to the infinite loop again and when i bypass it it'll bring be to the phone's start up screens having reset everything on my phone again. the phone is still running 4.1.2 after the factory reset. would there be anyway to even reset the phone to before 4.1.2, to a version with a reset that actually works and doesn't crash?

msavic6

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
When the android logo pops up, press the volume rocker right in the middle, this may require 1-2 clicks. You should see some yellow text pop up on the left side, it will scroll through and eventually say failed. Now it will boot into recovery and just use the volume keys to move down to the wipe option. Proceed with the wipe option and then let it complete, after its done your phone should boot up normally. As far as I know, there is no current fix for the constant rebooting, its up to Motorola to release a fix. How long that will take is anybody's guess.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Tom Foley1

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the tip about the double tap in the middle of the rocker switch. I had the infinite reboot after factory reset too!
Saved me from throwing away a perfectly good phone! I thought I'd bricked it.

Cheers.:D