Rooted, Can't get wifi tether to work.

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I've tried everything it seems trying to get my phone's wifi tethering to stop tethering after about 20 minutes of working perfect. Then all of a sudden it says "what the hell your phone has taken back control of wifi" or something like that. I've looked at virtually every forum about fixing this and they all said to change the device profile, which works, but still after about 20 minutes my phones takes back control and messes up again. Please help.

tech_head

Q&A Team
Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
I've tried everything it seems trying to get my phone's wifi tethering to stop tethering after about 20 minutes of working perfect. Then all of a sudden it says "what the hell your phone has taken back control of wifi" or something like that. I've looked at virtually every forum about fixing this and they all said to change the device profile, which works, but still after about 20 minutes my phones takes back control and messes up again. Please help.

How are you doing the tethering?
You haven't given any real details.
The WifiTethering App for rooted phones requires a different setup than the default.
If you are trying to use the stock app you need to modify the check in the database.

Give more details and someone will help.