Instagram Crashing

Audacious7

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
This is my first post, and I had to make an account because this has been driving me absolutely nuts. Most of my friends own Motorola products, Razr Maxx HD, Xoom, etc. and all of us have problems when refreshing instagram. The app suddenly just closes. I was wondering if any of you experience the same problem? I've reported the bug numerous times without a response. Also this has been happening for months. Have any of you been able to solve the problem? Thank you.

Carbon_Droid

Banned
Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I haven't noticed this issue on my phone, so maybe it's limited to the droid line. Could you try this? Go into app info, force stop the app, clear the data, clear the cache, and restart the app. It should prompt you to log in again. See if this helps. Good luck!

Sent from a Galaxy s3

Audacious7

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the response. Trust me I've tried everything. Uninstall, reinstall, clear data. The whole nine yards. I'm an amateur Android Programmer so anything I could do without touching code I've basically done. I can't understand though what about Motorola would cause this. Some kind of hardware I'm not aware of.

Edit: Instagram released an update on Android for my device on 8-8-13. Still no fix with the unexpected closing.

Last edited:

mr_androider

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem. Anytime I try and refresh it crashes, it's very annoying. Been happening to me for months and months and doesn't fix when there's an update :/

blg923

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Mine only crashes when I try to see what people I'm following have been doing.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2

grantmg

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
Mine crashes ALL THE TIME. I've probably reported 100 crashed for my Samsung Galaxy S4 at this point.
A pic will be loading and then all of a sudden, "Instagram stopped working."
FRUSTRATING

Shane English

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
Download es file explorer and search for Instagram. Delete all the files. Open Instagram, sign in and it should work. I have to do this after most updates. I'm also using Motorola (moto g)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles