RAZR HD battery life MUCH less than expected

nosky92

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
I know its not the HD MAXX but I had read that my brand new RAZR HD should be able to easily withstand 10 or more hours of light or even heavy use. I have been browsing on it for a few minutes and its already down to 90 percent. Yesterday it ran put of battery after a few hours of Pandora and Google play music (both over wifi). I have tried clearing cache and factory reset. Should I just go back to Verizon and get a new unit or are there more tricks to try? I'm upgrade to jelly bean BTW.

Posted via Android Central App

paul-c

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Smart Actions is your best bet. I would just go back to Verizon and get the MAXX, though. I used to really suffer bad battery life when I had the OG DROID RAZR.

Sent from my Sony Ericsson Xperia Ray

nosky92

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Why should I have to pay 100 dollars more for a phone that is supposed to have 20 hours of battery life? I don't need that much I only need what is advertised for the RAZR HD. I have looked on these forums and it seems like I am one of very few people experiencing this problem.

Plaz

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
You may have a bad unit. My RAZR HD is about 10 months old and still usually gives me over 10 hours of moderate/heavy use.

Make sure you turn off everything you don't need, use auto-brightness, etc. Smart Actions can help, but I generally don't have it enabled.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4

paul-c

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Why should I have to pay 100 dollars more for a phone that is supposed to have 20 hours of battery life? I don't need that much I only need what is advertised for the RAZR HD. I have looked on these forums and it seems like I am one of very few people experiencing this problem.

All I'm saying is the extra hundred dollars would be worth it. Never mind.

Sent from my Sony Ericsson Xperia Ray

nosky92

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
It ends up being 135$ because there is a restocking fee. If this isn't a faulty unit I'm still considering moving up to the maxx HD. I could use the extra storage space as well.

nosky92

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Just got back from work. I kept it in a storage room, on airplane mode, only using it to check how much battery it had been once every thirty minutes. On average , the battery went down 7 percent an hour. This is a phone that is advertised as being able to stay in standby for days without dying. The screen was probably on for a total of less than 5 minutes and it went from 79 to 16 in 9 hours...

tech_head

Q&A Team
Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
Hmmm.

Yesterday more than 15 hours on my device.
Varying amount of use.
3 hours or so playing music via PowerAmp (music on SD card).
Screen on for about 2 hours continuously while setting up playlists.
Some phone calls.
Some Fruit Ninja and CSR Racing.

Still had battery left when I put it on the charger.

nosky92

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
So I got my phone switched for a new unit. The battery life is better but really still not what has been advertised by both Verizon and Motorola. Should ui give it a few charging cycles or just switch up to. The RAZR maxx HD?

Plaz

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
FWIW, my HD has been off the charger for nine hours so far today and still claims to have 51% remaining. Granted, other than a half-hour of battery-sucking Ingress this morning, I've only used it lightly today (email, texts, browsing, phone calls). I did spend some time disabling stuff I didn't need back when I first got the phone.

If you really want to avoid battery anxiety, though, get the MAXX.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
FWIW my wife is a heavy user on her RAZR HD and the battery more than spectacular.

Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX HD via Android Central App

nosky92

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
I switched to the maxx HD.the battery is much better but still not what Verizon and Motorola have advertised.could the common factor be some app or service that I use?

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I switched to the maxx HD.the battery is much better but still not what Verizon and Motorola have advertised.could the common factor be some app or service that I use?

It must be an app. I take my MAXX HD off the charger at 6 am moderate use all day and still have 80% when i get home at 6pm. Streaming music and podcasts will kill the battery fast.

nosky92

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
All the music I listen to is I on my sd card.yesterday I was using it minimally, wifi off, and between noon and 730 pm it went from full charge to 80%.

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Check the network cell settings to make sure that global is not checked, when i first got my device that was a big battery killer. disable any bloatware. Even playing music from an sd card will eat at your battery. Make sure your GPS settings are not constantly tracking. And even though moto and vzw say that the rarz hd has 20 hr batt life, look closely you will see a key note of "approx" somewhere in their wording. I take my phone off the charger at 0615 during the week. I can use the phone the same way all day 5 days a week but the battery can drain differently each day. But if you switched to the maxx hd then i guess by now you have nothing to worry about. I've gone two full days without charging and still had time to spare.

nosky92

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Even wIth the maxx HD it drains pretty quickly.I unplugged it about an hour ago, went on google maps for a little and made a few phone calls and ours already down to 90%

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
This is what I got in my very first day with the phone...

I know it'll importune even more once I figure out what keeps waking my phone... Had airplane mode on during sleep

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1388755454128.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1388755454128.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 11
  • uploadfromtaptalk1388755467319.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1388755467319.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 12

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members