OTA update and root question

jdizzle33

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Hey all, I'm new to the forum, so I'm sorry if this has already been covered. I have the RAZR HD w/ 4.1.2 JB. Version 9.16.6.XT926. Verizon is my carrier. I currently have it rooted, and have changed the settings so I can use the stock hotspot app without the ridiculous fee. Now, my phone keeps popping up and update option, and I don't know if I will lose my root and/or my hotspot if I update. Can anyone provide me with some info and possibly some options?

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Hey all, I'm new to the forum, so I'm sorry if this has already been covered. I have the RAZR HD w/ 4.1.2 JB. Version 9.16.6.XT926. Verizon is my carrier. I currently have it rooted, and have changed the settings so I can use the stock hotspot app without the ridiculous fee. Now, my phone keeps popping up and update option, and I don't know if I will lose my root and/or my hotspot if I update. Can anyone provide me with some info and possibly some options?

It will re-lock your bootloader, which mean yes. You will lose your root. But its not hard to root again.