- 1 Posts
Hot phone, dead battery
Can't have phone on at work. Battery was charged to at least 95% when I turned phone off. Picked up phone 6 hours later and it was extremely warm and would not turn on. Brought it to Verizon, they plugged it in and told me it would not turn on because battery was dead (giving me the duh... look). I now have battery charging but am worried that there was some type of dead short that occurred and that damage to battery may have occurred. Anyone have similar experience? Phone is under warranty and I am wondering if I should try for a new one.
- 10-22-2013, 03:52 PM #2
- 23 Posts
Re: Hot phone, dead battery
I've seen this happen if I turn off the phone while it is charging. It's happened a few times since the last firmware update, and it's very disconcerting since it gets VERY hot. I haven't found a solution, so I just make sure to only turn it off when it's not plugged in to a charger. Was it charging when you shut it down?
Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
- By GravityMan in forum HTC VividReplies: 1Last Post: 10-22-2013, 07:25 PM
- By valdea in forum Nexus 4 Rooting, ROMs, & HacksReplies: 2Last Post: 10-22-2013, 02:45 PM
- By GravityMan in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 1Last Post: 10-22-2013, 02:33 PM
- By antone31 in forum Verizon Droid DNAReplies: 2Last Post: 10-22-2013, 02:14 PM
- By blgriffin83 in forum Android ApplicationsReplies: 0Last Post: 10-22-2013, 01:08 PM