Droid Razr HD has audio dropouts with music

mesocyclone30

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
I got a Droid Razr HD as a replacement and the launcher is laggy and i get multiple audio dropouts during most songs when playing music on Poweramp. I didn't have this problem with the GS3 i sent back. I tried Nova Launcher and still have lag. i turned off scheduled Backup Manager. none of that helped. I even turned off the Smart function deal. Is there anything i can do? I believe i'm on Jelly bean. i checked for updates and it says I'm up to date. The dropouts is very annoying and unacceptable. It even happens just reading a discussion forum or webpage. or doing nothing.

mesocyclone30

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
It's a known issue with the Razr HD. But I haven't heard of any planned fix for the issue. :(

My replacement is coming today. The tech support said it shouldn't be doing that. I played music while syncing with isyncr and it kept pause pausing for several seconds and he said it shouldn't be doing that. I did it over the phone so he could hear. Then isyncr would crash from the bottleneck. It took 5 mins to clear cache in the service menu when it should've did it right away.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using AC Forums mobile app

mesocyclone30

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Ok i got my replacement and ran all the updates for the stock apps. before i installed anything else i put on poweramp and isyncr on a fresh install and played music while syncing and it's already having issues with the sound pausing off and on while downloading music. is this normal for this phone? On the GS3 i could listen to music off the memory card while syncing music with iSyncr. I'm about at the end of my rope. as much as i love android i'm getting more and more tempted to try a iphone if they offer that as a replacement. my family all has iphones and my mom keeps telling me i should get one. I dont' like apples tight grip on things though.

mesocyclone30

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
I called back but i didn't like that lady. she thinks i'm supposed to reboot my phone everyday and that the phone is not capable of playing poweramp and using isyncr. I told her i didn't buy a high end phone to not be able to do anything with it. what crap so shes sending me a 3rd razr droid hd. like it's going to be any better then the first 2. I wish i could have got to tier 2 support. the tier 2 i talked to the other day said my phone shouldn't be doing that. i shouldn't have to reboot it everyday and it shouldn't be having this audio issue. she tries to tell me there's nothing wrong with the phone.

tward333

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
I sent mine back for the same reason. I was using the stock Google Play music player. The replacement still does the same thing. I use Mixzing ap and it also does it with others. I'm pretty sure it's the phone! It's funny that it's a known problem but they act like it's not. I just deal with it now but it's very irritating.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech