Droid Razr HD - When does the "low battery" notification come on?

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm using the non-Maxx Razr but there's more traffic in this forum so I figured I'd ask here. I typically use my device all day, switch to airplane mode at bed time and charge up to full the next morning so I can have a full charge for the day. I'm consistently getting 20-21 hours on battery and have gotten as low as 22% and haven't gotten a low battery notification. So that's my question: At what percentage does the low battery notification come up?

Thanks!

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I think it's 18% or 14% for a pop-up notification, but below 20% some apps will disable if you have them set up that way (such as Fieldtrip) and they'll put an additional notification in your notification bar.

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Low battery notification kicks in at 15%.

FYI, I've read it's a good idea to occasionally take your battery down to less than 15%, power it down then fully recharge.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
FYI, I've read it's a good idea to occasionally take your battery down to less than 15%, power it down and fully recharge.

Definitely research your specific battery before doing so, if this is an attempt to increase the battery's lifetime. Generally speaking, most modern batteries should remain in the 40-80% range for as long as possible and should almost never be allowed to fall into critically low areas, especially intentionally. It's usually better to leave it charging excessively than to let it drain excessively, but modern batteries enjoy being topped off as much as possible.

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I've never let it drain until it dies and I just charge up in the AM, typically when the percentage is in the 20s. I think Moto has some battery lifespan saving feature built into the OS in that it will charge to 90% then display 100% telling you to unplug your device.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae