Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Droid RAZR HD - KitKat - Stuck in Landscape Mode

Woohoo!! The KitKat update (4.4.2) automatically installed to my phone ... now even after rebooting and clearing the system's cache, the screen is stuck in Landscape mode. I've gone through every setting on the phone to try and have it re-configure itself - and nothing ... still in landscape mode. Everything from my Lock Screen to my phone dial-pad. I've booted the phone into safe mode. I'm not really looking forward to having the phone wiped. Has anyone else suffered this issue? I've gone through every menu setting I can find (just short of restoring to factory default). The only way I can get my phone to show in standard letter mode is if I plug it into the Vehicle Navigation Mount, however once disconnected the phone goes directly to landscape mode and will not rotate the screen regardless of any app I open (and yes, I've checked the auto-rotate setting).

(RANT) Speaking of factory default, was waiting forever at the Verizon store as my contract is through them and they couldn't figure it out ... said that even a factory restore may not work and will probably have to pay to have my phone replaced!! What!! They broke my phone. Their system pushed the update and broke my phone - why should I have to pay to have it fixed?!? Not to mention losing goodies like Swype. The representatives response, "Well you can purchase it in the app store." Why do I want to purchase something that was working as part of my system BEFORE they broke it? (/RANT)

Short of what I've tried above, I would like to know if anyone else has had this issue and if you've been able to resolve it without having to wipe your system (or not). Are there updates coming soon to relieve this painful (awkward) situation?

Default Re: Droid RAZR HD - KitKat - Stuck in Landscape Mode

Same issue here. Forced to update to 4.2.2 and now my phone keeps playing "droid" that stupid self promotion. And stuck in landscape mode. Whoever wrote the update needs to be fired. So annoying. Totally frustrated and angry. Idiots.