Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default The vibrate mode on my phone will not work

My phone will not vibrate on vibrate mode. It will not vibrate on the sound mode (which is what I have it set on). When i get a text or notification it has to be on full volume to make a sound or silent. It will not vibrate at all, not for a call or for a text.

Default Re: The vibrate mode on my phone will not work

Welcome to Android Central! Does it ever vibrate? Like if you power off completely, then power back on, phones that can vibrate will usually vibrate once as you see the bootscreen appear.

Or how about the keyboard? Does the vibration work with each keypress if you have that setting turned on?

If none of these work, then it is likely that the vibration motor is broken. Remember that it's essentially the only moving part inside the phone, so it's not surprising that it is prone to breakdown.
    Thanked by:

I agree with B. Diddy, sounds like the motor is shot. Here's a nice app to test all the "bells and whistles" of your phone...
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...an.zdevicetest
    Mine- Sprint: Palm 700p, Palm Treo Pro, HTC Touch, HP Palm Pre, Motorola Admiral, Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G (Jellybean 4.2.2);
    AT&T: Samsung Galaxy S4 Active (4.4.2)
    Wife's - Sprint: HP Palm Pre, LG Viper 4G LTE (ICS); Vizio VTAB1008 Tablet (Honeycomb); AT&T: Samsung Galaxy S4 Active (4.4.2)
    Daughters' - Nabi2 tablets (ICS)

Never trust a computer (or phone) named after a fruit.
    Thanked by:

how much does it cost to repair the vibrate motor.

Welcome to Android Central! I suggest you call up a cellphone repair shop and ask them for the general price range.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    Welcome to Android Central! I suggest you call up a cellphone repair shop and ask them for the general price range.
    Hey I checked out the app the other guy suggested and it shows a check mark for vibrator..what should I do yo check if the motor's working or not?

Hi. "other guy" here. If you actually tap the check mark then it will open to another screen where you can force the vibrator to vibrate. The check marks are just there on the menu screen to tell you which tests are compatible with your particular device.
    Mine- Sprint: Palm 700p, Palm Treo Pro, HTC Touch, HP Palm Pre, Motorola Admiral, Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G (Jellybean 4.2.2);
    AT&T: Samsung Galaxy S4 Active (4.4.2)
    Wife's - Sprint: HP Palm Pre, LG Viper 4G LTE (ICS); Vizio VTAB1008 Tablet (Honeycomb); AT&T: Samsung Galaxy S4 Active (4.4.2)
    Daughters' - Nabi2 tablets (ICS)

Never trust a computer (or phone) named after a fruit.