Bandwidth being sucked up, maybe data?

SMY1992

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
My Droid Razor HD received an OS update last week. Everything was fine for a few days, then 4 days ago we noticed that all of our bandwidth on our home wireless was being sucked dry by my phone. It's so bad that we cannot use our computers unless I take my Droid off of Wi-Fi. Normally this only happens if I am syncing with Drop Box or another such app that uploads tons of photos at once. So I make sure all of those apps are turned off except when I need them to sync. What's really odd is that it's not all of the time (most but not all). For example this morning, when I turned on my Droid, everything was fine for over an hour and then the bandwith stealing started. I turned off WiFi and all was fine. But now I am concerned that what ever is triggering this high bandwidth usage is not limited to Wi-Fi. What if it's then switching to data? I only have 1gb a month which for me is fine but that can disappear pretty fast if something is hogging it.

How do I find out what is causing this and how do I scale back the bandwidth usage?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy