Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Anybody out there had hands on with a case?

I'm right at the verge of pulling the trigger on this phone. My two concerns are 1) no HDMI (another thread), and 2) how would this screen/lack of bezel work with a case?

I've had a pretty heavy-duty case on my Droid X2, and was wondering what the case looks like for the RAZR M at the sides. Would it interfere with usage at the edges? Would it creep onto the screen?

I'm a swim coach, and every now and then, I get drops of water on my screen, which messes with the touch screen performance. A quick wipe with the shirt usually suffices to fix. I'm wondering if the case might trap water on the screen, causing continuous issues because of the edge-to-edge.
    MacGyver Wannabe

Default Re: Anybody out there had hands on with a case?

Quote Originally Posted by HeadAcheJoe View Post
    I'm right at the verge of pulling the trigger on this phone. My two concerns are 1) no HDMI (another thread), and 2) how would this screen/lack of bezel work with a case?

I've had a pretty heavy-duty case on my Droid X2, and was wondering what the case looks like for the RAZR M at the sides. Would it interfere with usage at the edges? Would it creep onto the screen?

I'm a swim coach, and every now and then, I get drops of water on my screen, which messes with the touch screen performance. A quick wipe with the shirt usually suffices to fix. I'm wondering if the case might trap water on the screen, causing continuous issues because of the edge-to-edge.
    I would assume that the case would only contact the frame since there is no bezel to speak of. The phone is treated with a nano coating inside and out to make it "water resistant". I saw a commercial where a Razr was passed under a running faucet. I'd go naked with the phone; with the Kevlar, nano coating, and gorilla glass a case won't do anything. My DX has no issues after going naked for 18 months.

Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I guess t the glossy black TPU case VZW is offering. It does not creep the screen at all. It also fits in the shell holster just fine. I don't like how the shell does not cover the top and bottom edges.

Sent from my XT907 using Android Central Forums
    I have sworn upon the alter of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.
    - Thomas Jefferson

Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    ROM
    GPA19, CM7.1 xronified

I got the shell/holster combo from vzw, I like it alot adds a little to the phone so I feel like I got some thing to hang on to.

Ballistic brand sg drop protection case is amazeing

Sent from my droid razr m via Android Central App