So annoying...

reyxlp

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Day two with my Razr M.

Loving this phone so far... Perfect size, feel, shape, weight, etc...

One thing that's driving me nuts though is that for every e-mail message, after I open the message, I have to then click "Get Full Message" to actually read the content of the e-mail. Even after I've opened the message. And we're talking about plain text e-mails with just a sentence or two, not 40MB attachments.

I get the thought of wanting to help people save data but this is so stupid because I have already chosen to open the message by clicking on it in the initial list view, but clicking on it doesn't show me anything more that what I could see in the list view except the "Get full message" button that I then have to click on AGAIN. Duh. Of course I want the full message, that's why I clicked on it the first time.

I've searched through the settings to see if there is any way I could set it to automatically download everything. The only two options I can find are within the E-Mail settings on a per account basis. "Download Attachments" which I have checked, does not work -- even when I am connected to WiFi I still have to manually download all attachments, and "Sync over WiFi Only" which I have unchecked so it will sync at all times WiFi or no WiFi. It does sync when I'm not on WiFi, so that's good.

Does anyone know how to set it up to automatically download and show me my entire email message content when I click to open that e-mail, without having to click on "Get full message" every single time??? Ugh...

If anyone would help, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks!

phositadc

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
That does sound pretty bogus. Anybody else experiencing the same thing? If this is a gmail account you could always just use the gmail app...

Keep us posted.

Notrega

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
In email settings for the individual account, not the overall email settings, look for Download Size and set it to All.

Sent from my XT907 using Android Central Forums

reyxlp

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the reply- I do have "Download Size" set to "All" but I still have to select "Get Full Message" to view each email.

Notrega

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the reply- I do have "Download Size" set to "All" but I still have to select "Get Full Message" to view each email.

Odd... I have not had to do that at all for any email in the two accounts I have... I take it rebooting hasn't helped?

Sent from my XT907 using Android Central Forums

phositadc

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Not a great solution but since notrega doesn't have the same problem (and for that matter, none of the reviews mentioned it), you might try a factory reset.

reyxlp

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Not a great solution but since notrega doesn't have the same problem (and for that matter, none of the reviews mentioned it), you might try a factory reset.

It was definitely worth a shot but the factory reset did not do the trick... :(

I'm wondering if it's even worth trying to get help from Verizon on this issue? I'm a tech novice at best and everytime I go into one of those stores I still know more about how their stuff works than they do, thanks to forums like this...

Anyone other ideas on how else to trouble shoot this issue?

Thanks!

phositadc

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
It was definitely worth a shot but the factory reset did not do the trick... :(

I'm wondering if it's even worth trying to get help from Verizon on this issue? I'm a tech novice at best and everytime I go into one of those stores I still know more about how their stuff works than they do, thanks to forums like this...

Anyone other ideas on how else to trouble shoot this issue?

Thanks!

Since nobody else seems to be having the problem I think it probably is worth talking to Verizon, and if they can't fix it they can exchange your phone for one that doesn't have the issue.

WAldenIV

MacGyver Wannabe
Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm guessing the problem exists with your mail server. Some kind of setting that involves leaving the messages on the server.

reyxlp

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Update...:

So, as per my other thread in this forum, my power button broke.

I took the phone into a Verizon store and they exchanged it for a new one.

I still have the same problem with my e-mails, so it is definitely not the phone.

There is a problem with either the phone e-mail software or the corporate e-mail sync service they use.

Under Email --> Settings --> [EMail account] --> Data Usage:Download Size -- if I set this to "All" then it doesn't download any of the e-mail at all and I have to select "Get Full Message" each time to read the content after opening the e-mail, however, if I select one of the other size options (0.5kb, 1, 2, 5, 10, 20, 50 or 100kb) then it accurately displays that much of the e-mail data without having to select "Get Full Message" unless there is content exceeding the selected data amount.

The Verizon rep gave me a phone number for Motorola and said I needed to call them for support on something like that.

I'll give that a shot when I have time.

---------- Post Merged at 01:10 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:10 PM ----------

What kind of email are you using?

Outlook

WAldenIV

MacGyver Wannabe
Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I suspect it's a server setting for your email client. My phone grabs the entire message from our server with the default settings. I'm set up as a POP3/IMAP email account for my work email.

reyxlp

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I suspect it's a server setting for your email client. My phone grabs the entire message from our server with the default settings. I'm set up as a POP3/IMAP email account for my work email.

I'm setup as exchange -- if I do POP3/IMAP, I won't get full support of folders...