1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts

Default How bad is the camera?

Is the camera as pathetic as most reviews state? My wife currently has a dinc, and looking for an upgrade. She likes my s3 but isn't thrilled with the size or battery life. But, she will use the camera a lot so it's important to her.

Is the camera at least as good as the one on the dinc? Cuz I've heard some people say that the M's camera is no better than the original Dx.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Default Re: How bad is the camera?

i just went from a dinc to the razr m and the camera is my biggest/only complaint so far...

That being said, i have been playing around with Camera360 this afternoon and results seem to be MUCH better than with the stock camera...

the dinc 4gs camera seemed awesome from what i saw in the store, but the screen is smaller... for me, it was between those two (as i find all of the others way too big) and it just came down to prioritizing the screen over the camera - though i'm still not 100% sure i made the right decision...
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by keewee10 View Post
    i just went from a dinc to the razr m and the camera is my biggest/only complaint so far...

That being said, i have been playing around with Camera360 this afternoon and results seem to be MUCH better than with the stock camera...

the dinc 4gs camera seemed awesome from what i saw in the store, but the screen is smaller... for me, it was between those two (as i find all of the others way too big) and it just came down to prioritizing the screen over the camera - though i'm still not 100% sure i made the right decision...
    What aspects of the camera are lacking compared to the original dinc? And in what ways did camera 360 help?

Quote Originally Posted by shepx2 View Post
    Is the camera as pathetic as most reviews state? My wife currently has a dinc, and looking for an upgrade. She likes my s3 but isn't thrilled with the size or battery life. But, she will use the camera a lot so it's important to her.

Is the camera at least as good as the one on the dinc? Cuz I've heard some people say that the M's camera is no better than the original Dx.

Fwiw I don't (yet ) own a razr M but I did own an og dinc for nearly 2 years and I played around with an M in-store yesterday and my impression was that the M took substantially better pictures than the og dinc.

Assuming you are indeed talking about the og dinc and not one of the later ones, I think the M 's camera will be a step up for you, despite the fact that it's not the best of class.

ROM
    GPA19, CM7.1 xronified

I dunno taken a few pics and I think its worked great.

Sent from my XT907 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by shepx2 View Post
    What aspects of the camera are lacking compared to the original dinc? And in what ways did camera 360 help?
    My biggest issues are focus, color and pixelation... I dont know why this camera wont focus right, but every single picture i take looks a little fuzzy... never an issue with my original dinc... the colors all appear off - the white balance isnt right... and low light pictures have awful pixelation... Camera360 seems to improve the focus and gives me a few more options for white balance and that seemed to help... i think the white balance options helped some with the pixelation...

However, i'm starting to think i got a dud, so maybe this is just me... My phone is super-slow to respond today, despite me restarting it a few times... also, my circles notification wont hold my settings... I'm thinking i'm going to factory reset or bring back for an exchange if this doesnt improve...
    Last edited by keewee10; 09-17-2012 at 04:19 PM.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by keewee10 View Post
    My biggest issues are focus, color and pixelation... I dont know why this camera wont focus right, but every single picture i take looks a little fuzzy... never an issue with my original dinc... the colors all appear off - the white balance isnt right... and low light pictures have awful pixelation... Camera360 seems to improve the focus and gives me a few more options for white balance and that seemed to help... i think the white balance options helped some with the pixelation...

However, i'm starting to think i got a dud, so maybe this is just me... However, my phone is super-slow to respond today, despite me restarting it a few times... also, my circles notification wont hold my settings... I'm thinking i'm going to factory reset or bring back for an exchange if this doesnt improve...
    Thanks for the feedback. Let us know what ends up happening.