Post Pictures Taken with Your M

keewee10

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
In testing out apps to try and decide if i'm keeping this phone or not, I've downloaded Camera ICS, Camera360 Ultimate, Camera Zoom fx and Pudding Camera. I find myself using Camera360 or Camera ICS the most - I like the pictures Camera ICS but like that i can take a picture just by touching the screen with Camera360... Dont like Camera Zoom fx & Pudding because I can't turn off the shutter sound and I like to take pictures on the sneak (not in a creeper way - but it's NYC - there are picture-worthy people everywhere...)

I did the DINC to RAZR M comparison the other night and found that my pictures were better on the M than on my dinc...
I still feel some buyers remorse over the Incredible 4g though - but I think i'm going to stick with the M, nonetheless...

zxphenomenalxz

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Well i personally couldn't handle the camera anymore so I went back to my s3 and found someone on craigslist who is going to swap an s3 for my RAZR m. So now I'll have two lol but one other cool thing is my company just sent me a RAZR m anyways so its all good in my neck of the woods..

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

vmaxed

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
Here is a pic I took today with my new M.

IMG_20120925_092812_305.jpg

narrow_minded#WN

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
So I changed my mind and decided to at least give the Razr M a try. The camera's actually not too bad. It's not great at all, but it's not bad. Here is a picture of my son taken inside. It's not the best picture ever, but, again, it's not terrible either.

IMG_20120926_161459_593.jpg

The only problem I have with the camera is that it has a hard time controlling exposure/white balance. I may try another camera app and see if I have better luck.

JoJoCal19

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
It's a shame Moto doesn't put as much effort into their cameras after all these years. I had several Moto Droid phones, and have tested out the camera on others, and have never been happy. I'm hoping the new RAZR HD has much better optics.

Therk

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site
Boy, this is a disappointing thread. Otherwise the Razr M seems like the perfect phone to me. The camera looks very subpar.

I guess I could always give it an audition ... but I am not keeping my hopes up.

WAldenIV

MacGyver Wannabe
Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I've actually taken some decent pictures with the phone. I think the internet latched onto the consensus that the camera wasn't that great and ran with it. It's been no worse than my old DX. I'll try to upload some tomorrow.

I find it hard to believe that people are getting hung up on the camera as if that determines the phone's overall value. It's a sweet phone with great internals for $99.

Hoovie83

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I took this the other day. So far I am loving my m!

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1349140174060.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1349140174060.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 85

Therk

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site
I've actually taken some decent pictures with the phone. I think the internet latched onto the consensus that the camera wasn't that great and ran with it. It's been no worse than my old DX. I'll try to upload some tomorrow.

I find it hard to believe that people are getting hung up on the camera as if that determines the phone's overall value. It's a sweet phone with great internals for $99.

Well, I have an old DX too and the camera is really bad. Your comment isn't reassuring ! ;-)

And as to the camera impacting the overall value of the phone ... I agree it isn't the be-all, end-all, but I have a flip phone now that works great as a phone. Part of the reason for switching to the MUCH more expensive smartphone with the MUCH more expensive data package is the value added by the camera. Both the ease of sharing and the quality of the pics. I know smart phones do a whole lot more than just be a phone and camera, but I place a very high priority on the quality of the camera. Just because I may value it more than you do, it doesn't mean you are right and I am wrong.

WAldenIV

MacGyver Wannabe
Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Well, I have an old DX too and the camera is really bad. Your comment isn't reassuring ! ;-)

And as to the camera impacting the overall value of the phone ... I agree it isn't the be-all, end-all, but I have a flip phone now that works great as a phone. Part of the reason for switching to the MUCH more expensive smartphone with the MUCH more expensive data package is the value added by the camera. Both the ease of sharing and the quality of the pics. I know smart phones do a whole lot more than just be a phone and camera, but I place a very high priority on the quality of the camera. Just because I may value it more than you do, it doesn't mean you are right and I am wrong.

My DX took nice pictures. I never had any complaints. My wife's DInc took lousy pictures. They were never in focus.

I never said I was right and you were wrong. I just don't understand all the fuss. Even with your explanation, what are your realistic expectations for a camera on a phone? Have you seen any uploaded pictures or pictures from reviews that you feel are so grossly terrible that you couldn't get by with the phone?

Here are a few from my phone. The last one uses "HDR" mode at dusk. I intend to crop the "Plimpton Park" sign with the sky.

IMG_20120927_070128_756.jpgIMG_20120927_171800_377.jpgIMG_20120927_171809_328.jpgIMG_20120927_173420_488.jpg

pdarrah

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
M I just don't understand all the fuss. Even with your explanation, what are your realistic expectations for a camera on a phone? Have you seen any uploaded pictures or pictures from reviews that you feel are so grossly terrible that you couldn't get by with the phone?

Definitely agree with this viewpoint. If the point is high-quality photography, don't use a cell phone. My son's $75 kodak digital camera takes better photos than any cell phone I've seen. The limitations of the tiny lens and sensor on a cell phone makes it impossible for it to shoot anywhere near as well as a cheap point-and-shoot camera. That little cheap camera consistently takes better pictures than my DX or the M or even my husband's iPhone 4s.

Where a cell phone camera excels is in being there when there is a snapshot you really want and your camera isn't handy. So far, the M (particularly using Camera360 instead of the native app) has done the job just fine for me. For real photography, I'll stick with my DSLR.

lololovestech

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
I really love this phone so far, but the camera has been sadly disappointing. I did some trial shots in regular mode, HDR and I also used the Vignette app (which I love - do download). To be fair I took control shots with a Galaxy S2 and an Iphone 4. The difference in quality is remarkable. This might be a deal breaker for me. :(

I'm no expert, but I don't think software upgrades would fix this. Am I correct? It's more about the hardware (lens, etc.) in this case...?

WAldenIV

MacGyver Wannabe
Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I really love this phone so far, but the camera has been sadly disappointing. I did some trial shots in regular mode, HDR and I also used the Vignette app (which I love - do download). To be fair I took control shots with a Galaxy S2 and an Iphone 4. The difference in quality is remarkable. This might be a deal breaker for me. :(

I'm no expert, but I don't think software upgrades would fix this. Am I correct? It's more about the hardware (lens, etc.) in this case...?

1) Can you post examples of these photos? I'd like to get a feel for your (and others) expectations.

2) I do believe that the camera can be improved through software updates. The auto settings and focus can be tweaked as far as I know.

pdarrah

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site

Since using other camera apps such as Camera360 has produced better results for most of us, it does look like a software upgrade could improve this. If it was totally a hardware problem (lens/sensor) then using other software wouldn't make a difference. It seems more like the built in camera app is messed up. There may be better lenses/sensors out there on other cameras, but that isn't the whole problem here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke