Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Text count indicator issue

The little number that shows up on the text message icon that counts your unread texts seems to be malfunctioning. It keeps showing 2 when I have no unread messages at all. Anyone else having this problem or know what to do?

Default Re: Text count indicator issue

I'm having the same issue, except mine is a "3" ... no clue on a fix.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I did a factory reset and everything seems to be working great now.

Awesome. Thanks!

Sent from my XT907 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Sethoth View Post
    I did a factory reset and everything seems to be working great now.
    Has this problem come back since the factory reset? That is odd that we'd need to do a factory reset when the phone is brand new and just came from the carrier and if you are the first to use it huh?
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by GPhoenix View Post
    Has this problem come back since the factory reset? That is odd that we'd need to do a factory reset when the phone is brand new and just came from the carrier and if you are the first to use it huh?
    Yea it is odd and i was pretty irritated with it since I literally had just finished setting it up when I had to reset it. I figured out though that the text count indicator would get screwed up every time an app was downloaded. I have no clue why though.Thankfully the problem hasn't come back at all since reset and the phone works perfectly now.

I had this problem after an app update installed (google+). I restored the app to the factory default and the problem was fixed. I had tried to do general factory reset and either I did not know how to do that properly or it did not work.

Nancy (wife) and I both have RAZR Ms. During some group texting our indators showed more text than we could see.found some of them by comparing the conversation string on both phones. The easy one to find was when a sixth person was added and the adder invited the other four to say hellos.Nancy got the two "hellos", but not the invite! AND a phantom indictor ( which we think is/was the invite). Mine is stuck at four text that I cannot find/see.