Gallery and Contacts questions

chuckdawg1999

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Just upgraded from the X2 to the M. I liked how on the X2 I could see all of my online albums from Facebook, Picassa, photo bucket, etc. Is there a way to do this on the M? Most of the photos I take on my phone get uploaded to one of these sites so I'd like to see them.

On the X2 I could sync my contacts with Facebook and then the Facebook avatar would be that contacts picture. On the M I noticed it only does that for some of my contacts, any idea why?

Last edited:

Notrega

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
In Facebook there is a setting to choose what contacts to sync - All FB contacts will come to the phone, only existing contact on the phone that match a FB contact, and no sync at all..

Picassa should be in your list of accounts and you should be able to auto upload from the settings there.

Sent from my XT907 Scorpion_Mini

chuckdawg1999

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
The problem isn't the contacts syncing it's the profile pics don't carry over for some of them and I don't know why.

There is no built in Picasa account and there isn't even an app

WAldenIV

MacGyver Wannabe
Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Anyone with a Google account or G+ account will automatically override their contact picture on your phone with their Google/G+ pic.

lololovestech

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Same problem here. Just got mine up and running today and already frustrated that the contact pics are not syncing. Have already uninstalled and reinstalled FB. No dice.

lololovestech

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Wait, a reboot seems to have solved my facebook contact syncing issue. I had rebooted earlier today - and nothing changed - but I just did another reboot after reinstalling the FB app and the problem seems to have cleared up. Works for me.

lololovestech

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Just a good old power off and power on reboot. Did you try reinstalling the FB app?

On a side note - I REALLY like this phone except for the camera. It might be a deal breaker for me.

chuckdawg1999

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Just a good old power off and power on reboot. Did you try reinstalling the FB app?

On a side note - I REALLY like this phone except for the camera. It might be a deal breaker for me.

I had to reinstall Facebook and it worked. Thanks for the help. I guess on this phone you can't have all your photo galleries in the gallery app. The camera isn't that bad, then again I don't really notice these things I like how you can do panoramic shots.

lololovestech

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
It is a bummer that you can't have all your albums in the gallery app. I especially miss Picasa. I read on another thread that you can use a third-party gallery app to access all your photos. I might give that a try if I decide to keep the phone.

chuckdawg1999

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
It is a bummer that you can't have all your albums in the gallery app. I especially miss Picasa. I read on another thread that you can use a third-party gallery app to access all your photos. I might give that a try if I decide to keep the phone.

What's the name of the app? I'd love to try it. You can still upload pics to picasa you just can't view the folders there.