Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By chram893
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Music as Ringtone

Just got the phone today, anyone know how to set an mp3 as a ringtone? none of the droid ones really amaze me

Default Re: Music as Ringtone

I've always used and recommended to others to download Ringdroid. It's a pretty nifty and simple app that allows you to crop your song of choice and set it as a ringtone. Look for it in the Play Store.
    OR you could long press on a song from your music and it should give you the option to set it as a ringtone. Hope I helped!
    WAldenIV likes this.

Global Posts
    108 Global Posts

Try Zedge from the play store too

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2
    MacGyver Wannabe

I second the RingDroid recommendation. It's easy to use and free. I make 95% of my ringtones and notification tones with it.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

whenever i long press a song either in google play or file manager i cant find the option to set as ringtone...would rather not download an application unless absolutely necessary
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

figured it out, the music you want to set as a ringtone must be copied into the ringtones folder on the device itself and not the memory card

Sorry being a bit thick here, can you explain how to that please.

On the Droid Razr, if you open up the My Music app and then long press the mp3 you want to use as a ringtone, it gives you the option of using it as a ringtone.

how do u copy it to the phone its self

Angry Re: Music as Ringtone

yes please tell us. cuz i dont kno how to save to phone/device it always saves to sd card. and does nebody kno how to upload it the an app like Ringbow?

Quote Originally Posted by AlwayzDreaming7 View Post
    yes please tell us. cuz i dont kno how to save to phone/device it always saves to sd card.
    Just use the included Files app. First navigate to the folder on your SD Card where the music file is. Then select the file, choose copy, then navigate to the Ringtones folder on the phone and then Paste.
    Motorola Razr M + stock Android 4.1.2 on Verizon

Ringdroid is where it's at. Thanks for the info guys. I just got the Droid Razr M and needed to set up some stuff.

Cool Re: Music as Ringtone

The problem is, you DON'T NEED Ringdroid, or any other app. The ability to use music (mp3, AAC, etc) is BUILT-IN. If you're running ICS, just open MyGallery, go to the song you want to use, press the "Menu" button, and select "Use as ringtone'. If you're running JB, copy the song(s) from whatever folder they're in, and paste them into the "Ringtones" folder on the phone (make sure it's the "Ringtones" folder on the phone, NOT the folder on your SD card). Anyone who thinks/believes they need to install an additional app in order to do this might want to have their head examined.
    MacGyver Wannabe

Quote Originally Posted by Panther6834 View Post
    The problem is, you DON'T NEED Ringdroid, or any other app. The ability to use music (mp3, AAC, etc) is BUILT-IN. If you're running ICS, just open MyGallery, go to the song you want to use, press the "Menu" button, and select "Use as ringtone'. If you're running JB, copy the song(s) from whatever folder they're in, and paste them into the "Ringtones" folder on the phone (make sure it's the "Ringtones" folder on the phone, NOT the folder on your SD card). Anyone who thinks/believes they need to install an additional app in order to do this might want to have their head examined.
    The third party apps are for cropping the parts of the song you want to use, genius.

Smile Re: Music as Ringtone

I had the same question about ringtones. I definitely wanted my favorite song. I simply copied it as you noted. Thanks for doing the research and sharing it.

When I first got the phone I had the same question. But i also remember using third party apps to make ringtones. I hate that you can't do that with this phone unless you download an app. None the less i still love this phone