Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    247 Global Posts

Default Wifi Homerule Smart Action

I've got a question. I have Smart Action - Home Rule activated on my phone set to connect to wifi when I'm at my home triggered by location. In the settings main page when I'm not home the wifi indicator shows that it is off. But when I check under the battery settings my wifi shows that it is active, shows an up time amount which totals the entire time I haven't been at home. My question being, when not at home, is the wifi antenna active and using up the battery even though the wifi toggle on the setting home page is off?

Default Re: Wifi Homerule Smart Action

If it is turned off in the settings then it is not using the battery. The problem is that Smart Actions has to have wifi on when you are using location based actions. I think this is dumb, and I wish I could have one that turns my wifi off when not at home.
    mcaspe1 likes this.

Global Posts
    602 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

Wifi just has to be on to create the rule and set a baseline for the Wifi network and what towers you are on. Then it cuts on/off as directed.

Confused me too

Sent from my XT907 Scorpion_Mini
    mcaspe1 likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    247 Global Posts

I'm still confused. So it is or isn't using the battery when not at home location regarding my initial post?

Thanks in advance again.

It's still on and using battery if your using a specific location. Not much battery, but it's always searching for a wife signal.
    mcaspe1 likes this.

Love these rules. I can make it through the whole day and still have 1/3 to 1/2 battery left. When I get in my car, it connects to bluetooth automatically starting the driving rule and shuts off wifi. I use all of the rules but not the location triggers which have to drain the battery.

The only thing that bothers me is the driving rule is supposed to turn on Pandora but it doesn't work. I have to also use "Automateit" app. I sure this app adds to battery drain.