how to turn on 4g and keep it on with droid razr m

bryanofcwa

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
i just got a razr m....switched from galaxy s2....anyways...ive been to settings, then press the "more" option, go to the "mobile network" settings, and on my preferred network mode i select lte/cdma....all good....now my problem...when im not looking on the internent the 4glte goes dormant i guess...i have to go to my quick settings and turn on airplane mode, and then turn it back off just to get my 4g to start working again...if i dont do that my phone tells me i have no internet connection...now my next problem...once connected to the internet, if im looking at a page and reading the 4g just goes dormant again and if i try to refresh the page or whatnot it tells me i have no internet connection.....i again have to go to quick settings and turn on and off airplane mode to reset everything....if thats what i have to do every time i use the internet, thats a serious pain in the ass....i know that there has got to be a way to turn on my 4g and leave it on without it constantly turning itself off....i really shouldnt have to do what i have to do just to keeep my internet running..has anyone else dealt with this and if so, what do you do to use the internet continously without having to constantly go back and forth...very frustrating....

bryanofcwa

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
really..98 views and no one can help me out???...come on....this is very frustrating.....im just switching to motorola from samsung so theyre pretty different...theres just not a 4g on/off button..theres gotta be a way to turn it on and keep it on....really??....nobody knows?? or cares to help me??..

cubsfan2113

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm set the same with lte/cdma and my 4g stays on. It will go idle but jump back to life as soon as needed. Sounds like you have a different problem elsewhere or need to do a factory reset.

Sent from my XT907 using Android Central Forums

bryanofcwa

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
yes..my wifi is also on....wifi works no problem...its just my 4g keeps disappearing..if i have to do a factory reset already thats kinda crazy since i just got the phone today, and it was doing that right out of the box...it seems to me that once i go to search for something the 4g should just turn itself back on since theres no physical on/off button for it..like i said..ill search, and it will say that i have no internet connection...i kinda have to 'force' 4g back on by turning airplane mode on and then immediately back off...that cant be right..

sal the wop

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm set the same with lte/cdma and my 4g stays on. It will go idle but jump back to life as soon as needed. Sounds like you have a different problem elsewhere or need to do a factory reset.

Sent from my XT907 using Android Central Forums

2nd that......sounds like a radio issue with your phone.

If your phone savvy, download "phone info". It's an app that will allow you to easily switch networks and run ping test.

Goodluck!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

magnamover

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I had a one time problem like this. I switched data to global and it went away. You may want to turn off wifi for a while to make sure it is not trying to switch between the 2.

lololovestech

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
I came from an S2 as well, so I understand what you are referring to. On the S2 you can toggle - and toggle and toggle I did - between 3G, 4G and wifi. Seems that the razr M automatically switches you from 4G to wifi and back and down to 3G when you need it. My M is almost always on 4G (I get great reception here in LA). After being idle, it picks up signal almost instantaneously. I have to wonder if yours is bunk. You shouldn't have to mess with any settings out of the box (though on the s2 I had to turn on 4G, and on a rezound too, if my memory serves me correctly). Not the case here.

BUT, on the flip side, sometimes my phone doesn't see any wifi networks (when I'm in a known wifi area) and I need to restart it so it'll scan. I don't think that happens often but I am going to keep my eye on it. I think there might be a thread about that too...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech