1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default 4G issues

Hello all. I saw this in one other older thread and wanting to bring it up again. I am having issues with data signals on my m. it doesn't get 4g when my bionic sitting right next to it does. I am seeming to have a very difficult time data wise when i am not on wifi. anyone know if there is a fix for weak data/4g issues?
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: 4G issues

Not exactly sure why this made a difference or if I did something else, but when I changed the mobile network setting from global to LTE/CDMA it seems to be holding the 4g signal almost 100% of the time now. It still does switch to 3g sometimes, but before when I had it on global it was almost always on 3g. any thoughts?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Ok, folks. I am at my wits end. was sitting in the movie theater last night with two friends of mine. one a droid bionic and one a iphone4. both had full 3g signals and intermittent 4g service. also using wifi. I was barely getting a 1x signal, no 4g or 3g on my razr m. bad phone?, bad sim? i am unfortunately past my 14 day period, so am i screwed if its the phone?
    MacGyver Wannabe

Try a factory reset and stop using your phone in the theater.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

gee thanks *****

Global Posts
    179 Global Posts

I am starting to think this is something with the recent Motorola radio software...

I have a Thunderbolt and a Razr M. Before the Razr M, I had a Razr MAXX.

I use them side by side, one for work and one personal.

I used to get solid 4G/LTE *all the time* and rarely ever 3G on either phone but after the most recent Razr MAXX update I noticed my Razr MAXX would often struggle to stay on 4G/LTE while my Thunderbolt was solid 4G/LTE.

I bought a Razr M the day it came out to replace my Razr MAXX and it's 4G/LTE performance has been *identical* to my (post-most-recent-update) Razr MAXX, struggling to stay on 4G/LTE half the time.

I had to exchange my first Razr M for a new one because the power button stopped working after a couple of days, and my replacement Razr M has the same 4G/LTE issues.

Meanwhile, side my side, my Thunderbolt rocks 4G/LTE *solid* 24/7/365.

I might try to see if I can flash back to GB on my MAXX and see what the 4G/LTE signal is like...

The bionic could just be stuck on 4G even tho it isn't. Or the towers in your area are being messed with. Or it's a bum device. Get a replacement.
    MacGyver Wannabe

Quote Originally Posted by edklloyd View Post
    gee thanks *****
    You're welcome.