Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Can't access SD card to get apps

I'm moving from the HTC Incredible to the Razr M and I have all my old stuff (contacts, apps) on my SD card. The new phone recognized that there was an SD card, tried to import pictures/movies of which there were none. I did manage to get my imported contacts off the SD card through the People section. But now I can't see to figure out how to get the apps - can't access them at all, don't know where they are or how to get to them. When I look under Settings > Storage it sees that there is a mounted SD card but doesn't seem like there's anything on it. But I know the apps are on there, as I can't access them in my old phone either.

So, how do I get to my apps? I don't want to have to install them all again from the Play store when I have them all on the SD card.

Default Re: Can't access SD card to get apps

The phone default SD Card location is actually on internal storage. Apparently they partitioned the internal storage, so it uses the imaginary 4GB SD Card as default. You can still get to files on your SD card though if you use the default file manager. If you use something like ES File Manager, browse to SDCard\External or something like that.

If I install an sdcard from my Driod X, with apps on it, will they function properly in a Razr M?

Quote Originally Posted by pizza_pablo View Post
    If I install an sdcard from my Driod X, with apps on it, will they function properly in a Razr M?
    No. ICS does not permit installed apps on the external SDcard.

Quote Originally Posted by breeze View Post
    No. ICS does not permit installed apps on the external SDcard.
    That is just silly.

So, How can I get my browser favorites into the new browser?
    What about individual app settings?
    Will App/Backup and Restore restore setting from previous use to the new phone?
    OH THE HUMANITY!