Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By lololovestech
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Chnage locked screen apps

I just got the Droid razr M and i cant figure out how to change the apps on the locked screen shortcuts. any ideas?

Default Re: Chnage locked screen apps

I don't believe you can. There is another thread in the forum that tells you how to change the stock text messaging icon on the lock screen to a third-party messaging app like Handcent, if you use something like that.

I was disappointed myself...but I'll get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by lololovestech View Post
    I don't believe you can. There is another thread in the forum that tells you how to change the stock text messaging icon on the lock screen to a third-party messaging app like Handcent, if you use something like that.

I was disappointed myself...but I'll get over it.
    Any idea where that post is? I can't find it or figure out how to do it.

Sent from my XT907 using Android Central Forums

Yikes, I can't find it myself either. Sorry bout that. Maybe I saw it in the RAZR HD or Maxx HD forums?

Don't quote me, but I believe if you disable the stock messaging app (I think Handcent and Go have options to do this through their settings), the third party messaging app of your choice will automatically show up on the lock screen. I might be missing a step here.

Can anyone else help out?

Thanked by:
    aznguyen316 likes this.

Yikes, I can't find it myself either. Sorry bout that. Maybe I saw it in the RAZR HD or Maxx HD forums?

Don't quote me, but I believe if you disable the stock messaging app (I think Handcent and Go have options to do this through their settings), the third party messaging app of your choice will automatically show up on the lock screen. I might be missing a step here.

Can anyone else help out?

Wow thank you very much! After Camera Zoom FX's update yesterday I think I prefer it to stock. Anyway, I used TiBU to freeze the stock camera and also set CameraZoomFX as "default camera" and now it automatically shows up on the lock screen in place of the camera. EASY!

Chnage locked screen apps-2012-10-23-08.43.53.png

That looks great! (btw, what is TiBU?)

I haven't purchased camera zoom FX but I've played around with a bunch of the free cameras and I like Fotor for picture quality (seems to do the best in low light) and Camera 360 for features (like using volume rocker as camera button or even just touching screen to snap photos). Have you tried either? Is zoom fx the way to go?

Post probably belongs in the camera thread but I had to ask...

I figured it out

Go into the "apps" page in settings, open camera and hit "disable"

Do the same for text messaging.

It defaults to the one you use most, or did on mine

Thanked by:

That looks great! (btw, what is TiBU?)

I haven't purchased camera zoom FX but I've played around with a bunch of the free cameras and I like Fotor for picture quality (seems to do the best in low light) and Camera 360 for features (like using volume rocker as camera button or even just touching screen to snap photos). Have you tried either? Is zoom fx the way to go?

Yeah I got Zoom FX on the .25c sale lol. Yeah you can use volume rocker (or power) to take a photo or touch the screen. You can add gestures like swipe up/down to change from auto to on/off flash, press and hold the screen to change to night mode (or any option you want for that matter - these are just what I changed these gestures to). You can save to sdcard etc. I like zoom fx even more since the most recent update it now has portrait mode. Meaning it knows orientation so the UI changes to that. Before you could still take a standing picture (portrait) and it knew the orientation but the UI was still always land scape. That was a huge plus for me, plus the latest update has made things pretty clean as far as UI and smoothness.

I used 360 briefly and I hear it takes decent pics but the thing I could not figure out for the life of me was to NOT use any filters. I would take a pic and it automatically put on a filter. I could see it w/o a filter but it never gave me an option to save without one. There's probably a way, I just couldn't figure it out. Annoying as hell.

I attached some button options that zoomfx has.

TiBU is titanium backup. Root backup app. Also zoom fx takes better pics than the stock camera, at least for me. It's a little faster after taking an image.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Chnage locked screen apps-2012-10-24-00.16.19.png  
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by cellison1460 View Post
    I figured it out

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g2...3-21-52-05.png

Awesome! Thanks!

Sent from my Razr
    You can observe a lot by watching- Yogi Berra

Global Posts
    98 Global Posts

Check to make sure you are getting all your texts when you disable the stock app. I know handcent will download mms messages if it is set up correctly, but I think gosms needs the stock app running in the background.

This was true a few months ago. Recent updates may have fixed this. Have someone send you a few messages of different types to make sure they all go thru.

Tony
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by tlacour View Post
    Check to make sure you are getting all your texts when you disable the stock app. I know handcent will download mms messages if it is set up correctly, but I think gosms needs the stock app running in the background.

This was true a few months ago. Recent updates may have fixed this. Have someone send you a few messages of different types to make sure they all go thru.

Tony
    Chomp has the same issue...
    I have sworn upon the alter of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.
    - Thomas Jefferson

Global Posts
    103 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cellison1460 View Post
    I figured it out

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g2...3-21-52-05.png

How do you bring back the original camera app if you've disabled it like this? I did it and would like to bring it back.

Update: I'm new to Android so I'm sorry. I figured it out. The disabled apps fall to the bottom of the app list and can be enable that way.

Cellison1467: How did you set up the In Case of Emergency on your lock screen??