Can't move Spotify to SD card?

jl1186

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
So there's no way to move something like Spotify to my SD card--oh, excuse me, now it's the "external SD card"--right? No sort of workaround?

Because why in god's name do I have an 32 GB external SD card in my phone if I can't download my offline Spotify to it? This is an insane limitation, I can barely fit any music on the internal SD card.

Any ideas? Please don't say "just root it," I know I can do that. Point is, I shouldn't have to do that in order to get pretty basic functionality. Anyone have any ideas, or is it hopeless?

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
It could be limation of the app. It may needs to be rewritten to store there data on the external sdcard. But just moving apps to sdcard is no more especially on motorola. That's why they give u a nice size of internal. Sdcard is basically for movies and media.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

touchthatpad106

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
I love Spotify don't get me wrong, but when it comes to their app there a lot of issues and huh? moments. This and no landscape support are the two biggest offenders. If you do a Google search I think you can download the old version of the app that used to have the save to Sd card option and as far as I could tell you didn't have to root the phone. I haven't tried it and I don't know if it will. Both of these features used to be supported and now they aren't, what's to say they won't come back? I can be hopeful right?

Sent from my SGH-T859 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34