Razr M Jelly Bean 4.1.1 Leak User Findings

mcaspe1

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
I have noticed nowhere on any Razr M forums a "findings" chat on this OS. Can we start one here? Specifically interested in signal strength, battery life and any bugs. I as well as many others, I'm sure, are interested in other's findings before we load this puppy up to see if it is worth the risk.

I know Verizon Wireless says there will be a JB update before the end of the year but I'm sorry, I've heard this one before and am very skeptical about it. Knowing VZW...... well you know....I'm not holding my breath.

So, not to go on a rant but ICS works pretty well with this phone so people who have loaded JB, give me a reason to load it.

Thank you in advance.

aznguyen316

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
Google Now
Expanded notifications for Email, screen shots, text messages - mms etc.
60FPS - really smooth, rarely see a hiccup compared to my brief time with ICS. I also like the look of the nav key icons =)
A few more things are AOSP, like battery and contacts app.
People mention camera loads a bit faster, didn't have enough time to mess with ICS camera so I can't comment there.

WAldenIV

MacGyver Wannabe
Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
When has a new build ever leaked and not been officially released within a month? The official JB release will be here by mid-November at the absolute latest.

mcaspe1

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
I had the vzw galaxy nexus and seem to remember its updates were leaked. The official ota took at least three months after the first leak was put out there.

But lets get back on track. I would like to know peoples findings on this leak.

Last edited:

aznguyen316

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
I will give you a negative, but doesn't affect me. UMS (univ mass storage) is not available in JB, if you use that for file transfers in ICS. I find MTP fine so not really a big deal. I believe this is a jelly bean issue and not a Razr M/leak problem. Other people on GNEX etc report UMS not available after JB upgrade.

I've bene on Jelly Bean since August (on my S3) and I dunno, I can't go back to ICS. All those reviews and what they say about JB, it's terrific. Main thing is the minor lag you might notice on ICS when swiping home screens or app pages, they're not really there anymore. I'm doing a battery test today and so far it's pretty good.

Notrega

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I am having an issue that I wonder if anyone else is having with the leak...

Wifi is set to OFF but on my battery screen it is showing ON and using battery... A third party app shows that the wifi is off also...

Is it on or is this a reporting bug with the battery readings?

uploadfromtaptalk1351088658275.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1351088668802.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1351088724131.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1351088676226.jpg

Sent from my XT907 Scorpion_Mini

tommyleec

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed with Jelly Bean on my Razr M a similar WiFi issue. Seems like it is constantly running consuming huge amounts of battery, even when I have no WiFi connection. The battery always shows that WiFi is the second highest battery consumer behind the screen. For those that say you should turn WiFi off when you're not using it, I say I've never had to with any phone running GB or ICS. None of the others consumed WiFi the way JB does. With ICS on my Razr M I got 36 hours easy between charges. With JB, it is barely 22 hours.

Abbyying

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Question, i installed the leaked version of JB. Is there a way to install the official version? not sure if there is any difference.I am pretty sure I can flash back to ICS, then intall new version. Other options?

Also, I have had two issues with google now, one is that it won't add punctuation with voice to text.. for example; I say "send text to john smith where are you question mark" and it send a text "where are you" will not add the "?". It will add it when i am in the texting app (stock), but not in google now. The other is that and it sometimes puts a "." between names when i voice to text. For example; I say "send text to denise jones where are you" and it will look for the name denise.jones and not send the text.. Thoughts?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress