Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By CrocadileUT
  • 1 Post By RetiredJedi
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    DROID Master

Global Posts
    800 Global Posts
    ROM

Default Razr M or HD?

I am switching to Vzw end of November. I had my mond set on the razr M. Good price, great performance and nice size. I sthe HD woth the extra $100 for a bigger screen, 16 GB and 2500 mah battery? I am also thinkin gthe increased size means less comfy in hands and pockets
    [

Default Re: Razr M or HD?

Personally, I like the smaller size of the M because it allows me to type with one hand. I came from a larger handset (galaxy s2) which had a big, beautiful screen (but really only a bonus while watching tv on it). I got used to the size of course, but it was a two-handed deal. I also go walking/hiking with my phone while streaming music and a smaller phone is ideal for holding while moving (and not dropping). Things to consider I guess...besides the usual do you put it in your pocket stuff.

If you're concerned with battery life, check out my battery thread. I posted screen shots.

Sent from my XT907 using Android Central Forums

32gb sandisk ultra class 10 sd micro card is 24.99 shipped from amazon.com bringing the phone for 40gb at 75 less then the HD.

I would personally pick the M, I would not take the HD as a trade for this phone.

the M's size is really what all smart phones should be aiming at.. the new iphone is about the same size aswell.. I don't like apple but they realize these ultra oversized phones arent ideal.

but as far as the HD specifically.. I don't like the bezel... looks like the original razr which I returned partly because the bezel on the screen was hideous.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  
    DROID Master

Global Posts
    800 Global Posts
    ROM

I already have a 16gb in my LG Optimus that I can use with the M. I am 95% set on the M. Now, white or black? :-)

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2
    [
    MacGyver Wannabe

Quote Originally Posted by telemike View Post
    I already have a 16gb in my LG Optimus that I can use with the M. I am 95% set on the M. Now, white or black? :-)

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2
    The kevlar looks better on the black, but I don't care for the look of it on either color phone.

I was all set to get a RAZR HD MAXX but I'd been used to one-handing with my Droid 1, and the HD was just way too big, so I got an M. (In fact the stretch to the upper-right Menu buttons is a bit much even on the M -- I wish Google hadn't made that UI change).
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  
    DROID Master

Global Posts
    800 Global Posts
    ROM

The new LG Spectrum 2 is at same price as Razr M. I think motor is better built?

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2
    [

The new LG Spectrum 2 is at same price as Razr M. I think motor is better built?

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2
    Is that a question? Yes, Motorola has far better build quality than LG. In fact most phone makers have better build quality than LG in my experience.

Razr M is a great phone, I've never been so happy with a new phone before. It is literally the perfect size, great quality, everything works perfectly and fast, it was just what I was looking for.
    lololovestech likes this.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  
    DROID Master

Global Posts
    800 Global Posts
    ROM

Went with a pair of M's

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk HD
    [

...and 2500 mah battery?
    The Maxx actually has a 3300 MaH battery. My daughter has the M and loves it extremely, I have the Maxx HD and love it extremely. We each love it simply because of the size. She has small hands and says it seems to fit her a lot better. I love the Maxx because it is bigger but doesn't feel oversized. Either way you're gonna love 'em.
    olddawg likes this.

Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I got the M when it came out... My buddy just picked up the Maxx HD and I have buyers remorse even though the M is an awesome phone.

Sent from my XT907
    I have sworn upon the alter of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.
    - Thomas Jefferson

Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Made the jump to the Maxx HD today... the allure of the battery got me.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Android Central Forums
    I have sworn upon the alter of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.
    - Thomas Jefferson

Global Posts
    90 Global Posts

Nice! Great phone!

Sent from my XT907 using Android Central Forums