NFC and Battery Life

WAldenIV

MacGyver Wannabe
Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone tried leaving NFC enabled for any length of time? What was the impact on battery life?

I ordered some Samsung TecTiles yesterday now that they can be locked and unlocked again to change the function. I'm just wondering how worthwhile they will be if I need to manually toggle NFC to use them.

WAldenIV

MacGyver Wannabe
Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
My nfc is on all the time and I do not notice any difference in battery life.

Sent from my Razr

Thanks. I turned it on this afternoon for about four-and-a-half hours and it didn't seem to have any effect on the battery. I'm now more excited for the TecTiles to arrive.

bmstew

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
I also keep it on all the time and I've never had an issue with my battery getting me through the day. Of course, I've also never used NFC, since all my friends have stupid iPhones, and I can't really try it out with their crap phones. I really wish Verizon would unblock Google Wallet; I'd love to try it out!

Sent from my DROID Razr M

WAldenIV

MacGyver Wannabe
Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
The tiles arrived today. They were super easy to configure. I spent all of five minutes programming three different tiles for the car, work, and home. Now all of my audio and network settings are handled automatically.

WAldenIV

MacGyver Wannabe
Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
For what it's worth NFC seems to be passive. If I launch the Samsung TechTiles app I can ping the chip. When my phone has been idle or used under normal conditions for a while the NFC doesn't see to be active anymore; I have to launch the app to ping a chip.

anon(3653)

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
For what it's worth NFC seems to be passive. If I launch the Samsung TechTiles app I can ping the chip. When my phone has been idle or used under normal conditions for a while the NFC doesn't see to be active anymore; I have to launch the app to ping a chip.

All I have to do is unlock the phone from the lock screen and get near the chop and it picks it right up.

Geeks Unite

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SandiR