Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree14Likes

Default Re: Amazing. I finally found my perfect phone

OK, I've read the rave reviews but no phone is perfect. Can you please share what you don't like about the phone? Also for those that had a Galaxy S3 tell me why you switched?

I have had this phone for about two weeks. I came from an HTC Rezound ( which i still have as a backup). I have to say, that I like everything about this phone with the following exceptions:

1. Inability to load apps on the SD card ( without some trickery which I haven't tried yet)
    2. Camera, I don't like the delay in snapping pics, and the indoor images are not as good , IMHO, as the rezound , or my wife's Galaxy S3. Although I was able to use it to take pictures of a check for the mobile deposit app for Ally Bank.

Quote Originally Posted by Moondoggy View Post
    OK, I've read the rave reviews but no phone is perfect. Can you please share what you don't like about the phone?
    1. The screen is good but not great. If you look up-close, you can see it's a bit grainy. There are better looking screens out there. In my subjective experience, the screen on my old Droid 2 Global was of higher quality, although obviously it was smaller. From the similarly priced/sized current phones, Dinc4G has a nicer looking screen, alas, it has a smaller battery - there's always a tradeoff, and what good is a nice screen if you run out of juice?

2. Audio quality was better on my old D2G as well. RazrM seems to have weaker amp/output and also weak bass. The bass can of course be fixed by applying some EQ.

It's not a bad phone and I still like mine, but it's a $50 phone for a reason.
    Motorola Razr M + stock Android 4.1.2 on Verizon

Newbie here looking for my 1st smartphone. Liking what I'm reading about the RAZR M. I see lots of people saying it is a $49 phone, but on the Verizon site it is listed as $99. Is there something I'm missing there?

It was $49 in December. The promotion must have expired. It'll probably go back to $49 next month again.
    Motorola Razr M + stock Android 4.1.2 on Verizon

I totally agree with everybody here! I just wish that I didn't have to go through all the hell with Verizon Wireless customer service and the Samsung Stratosphere over the last six months to get to this point. I will shout it from the rooftops "I love this phone!"
    Sent from my XT907 using Android Central Forums
    Samsung Stratosphere----> Piece of Junk Verizon Wireless------------> Almost Worthless Motorola Droid Razr M----> Priceless

I'm with you on that Gunner2000. I just fit rid of the stratosphere myself. That thing was a nightmare. The RazrM is a world apart from that. I haven't had any problems and I've had it for a month. I would tell anyone thinking about it to just get it. You won't regret it.

My wife paid $99.
    Device: Verizon Note2

With no pressure, from me, not that it would have been affective, anyways, my wife is moving from the iPhone4 to......YES! A Razr M!
    She was about to pull the trigger on an iPhone 5, but realized there was nothing new, besides the updated Oi and a slightly larger screen.
    Her white Mini comes via FedEx, today.
    We both bought from third parties, IOT maintain unlimited data.

I still LOVE this little-Big phone!

What third party's? I'm looking at replacing my nexus

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    62 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Bryant View Post
    Newbie here looking for my 1st smartphone. Liking what I'm reading about the RAZR M. I see lots of people saying it is a $49 phone, but on the Verizon site it is listed as $99. Is there something I'm missing there?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete7874 View Post
    It was $49 in December. The promotion must have expired. It'll probably go back to $49 next month again.
    Lucky me, I ordered mine yesterday as an upgrade on Amazon Wireless for a penny! Today it's back to $49, so who knows what they or VZW will do next.

Quote Originally Posted by uscsailor View Post
    What third party's? I'm looking at replacing my nexus

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    I bought one M on ebay and one on Swappa.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete7874 View Post
    OK, so end of last week amazon wireless had it for sale for $.01, that's right, 1 penny, so I upgraded my wife (she was due for the upgrade) and added the second line for myself (as I had a crappy old phone). Got the phones yesterday, look great, good first day so far for me!
    Thunderbolter

Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by The Hustleman View Post
    My wife loves this phone.

While it falls way short of my needs, it's great for hers.

Now I'm just trying to get the boot loader unlocked so i can install Google wallet

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the Galaxy S3 unfortunately on T-Mobile
    In which ways does it not suit your needs?

I was due for an upgrade and chose the Lg Spectrum 2. Big mistake. The Lg is huge and heavy. Like a small tablet. Very impractical for a phone. So I brought it back and got a RAZR M. I have to say this phone is the best I've ever had. Much better than my IPhone 4. Its so fast and it was fee from Verizon with the upgrade. It came running JB out of the box. I really can't stress how perfect the size is and its lighter than the IPhone.

Quote Originally Posted by DeputyBob View Post
    Did you get Google Wallet on your M? How is it working and how is the phone working a a whole?
    Nah, I didn't

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the Galaxy S3 unfortunately on T-Mobile

Quote Originally Posted by blackjaguar25 View Post
    In which ways does it not suit your needs?
    Not intending to rain on the parade (which is why I didn't intend on sharing specifics) but since you ask, there is no removable battery and the screen is too small.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hustleman View Post
    Not intending to rain on the parade (which is why I didn't intend on sharing specifics) but since you ask, there is no removable battery and the screen is too small.
    This is why no single phone is perfect (although many iPhone users believe otherwise) . For me I can care less whether the battery is removable or not (they aren't on the iPhone either) and for me the size of the Galaxy S3 was just too huge. For me I was looking for something that had excellent battery life, isn't glitchy like my old Dinc and is about the same size as an iPhone as I use a belt case when I carry my phone around. On all accounts, after 2 months of usage, I cannot recommend a better phone than the Razr M.
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #44  

Global Posts
    165 Global Posts

So...about 5 months after I started this thread I can still say that the RAZR M is my perfect phone. I always used to lust after the next new phone. I went through 5 Android handsets in about 2 years until I got my RAZR M. Now I look at the specs on most new phones and say "Yep, that's a great new feature/specification - but I like my RAZR M better even if it's not quite as big/fast/bright/hi resolution." It is the perfect combination (for me) of size, weight, build quality, speed, screen size, and battery life.

Quote Originally Posted by cubsfan2113 View Post
    I love my M. Coming from a DX, which is only a little bigger overall, the difference is actually huge. Now that the weather is cooling and I find myself wearing jeans more often, the M fits in the pocket with ease. Old DX fit but was noticeable.

Want to make the M better? Download and install the JB leak. Been running it for a week with no problems and love it!!

Butter smooth RAZR M running JB
    JB comes installed now (although not the latest) and Verizon was giving it away for free now. Being free, it still handles a million times better than my Samsung Galaxy fascinate. One question though, is it worth looking for the latest JB push, or will mere patience suffice?

I bow to those in front of me.

...But mostly because they typically wear skirts...

My wife and I each have the M and love them! I came from a Blackberry, and there's no comparison. Friends with Galaxy s3's have the big screen, but I like the size of the M, and the battery life. If I were willing to haul around a really big phone, and charge it in the middle of the day, it would probably be the s3, but the M lives happily in the pocket all day long!

Bob
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12