Amazing. I finally found my perfect phone

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Well, I've had the Mini for about a month. I moved up from a Droid X. This phone is great!
My battery life has become longer, as I've had it.
It seems that if I am in a strong 4G area, my battery stays high, MUCH longer than when I am in an area that causes 4G/3G/1X/NONE switching. That situation really kills the battery.
I use the LTE Off App, when in such an area and it helps greatly.
I like the way that I can leave WiFi on and as soon as I get home, it locks on to my router, but does not drain the battery, throughout the day, searching for WiFi that is not present.

I got the Mini on ebay for $380, new and never activated, in order to maintain my inlimited data. Boy! I'm glad I did!

Pete7874

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I just upgraded from Droid 2 Global to Razr M. So far so good. It's a nice device, especially at the current VZ price. Battery life is good. Camera is decent. Display is OK, although from a quality perspective, I think the D2G display was better. Razr M screen looks a bit cartoon'ish at times. Again, not a deal breaker for me.

SugarMouth

Trusted Member
Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Loving the Droid M! There are details in a phone that make or break it for me. One of them is the volume rockers and power buttons. This phone has a great power button that allows for easy power on, screen on. I tried the DNA and you need fingernails to press it down because the button is so flush. I also prefer the power button on the side like we have it. The screen quality is good/tolerable. I love the size having a 4.3" screen with an extremely little bezel. The Kevlar back is great providing a fingerprint free zone. Motorola has been very quick with software updates which is big for me. Keep it up Motorola!

DeputyBob

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
My wife loves this phone.

While it falls way short of my needs, it's great for hers.

Now I'm just trying to get the boot loader unlocked so i can install Google wallet

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the galaxy S III unfortunately on T-Mobile

Did you get Google Wallet on your M? How is it working and how is the phone working a a whole?

berdinkerdickle

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site
Just picked one up for my Wife.
Her first smartphone.

We went into the Verizon Corporate Store with a slight leaning toward the IPhone5,
but the sales rep lead us over to the Razr-M and really sold us.

She's loving it.
I love it.
I'm kinda coveting it :D - I have a Thunderbolt.

First, I installed Signal Strength on both, and the Razr-M holds a better signal.
Second, I see her screen as crisper than my TB.
Third, I won't even attempt to compete with her battery life - Amazing!
Finally, her Razr-M is so light and comfortable.

Moondoggy

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
OK, I've read the rave reviews but no phone is perfect. Can you please share what you don't like about the phone? Also for those that had a Galaxy S3 tell me why you switched?

jperiod

May 11, 2010
Visit site
I have had this phone for about two weeks. I came from an HTC Rezound ( which i still have as a backup). I have to say, that I like everything about this phone with the following exceptions:

1. Inability to load apps on the SD card ( without some trickery which I haven't tried yet)
2. Camera, I don't like the delay in snapping pics, and the indoor images are not as good , IMHO, as the rezound , or my wife's Galaxy S3. Although I was able to use it to take pictures of a check for the mobile deposit app for Ally Bank.

Pete7874

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
OK, I've read the rave reviews but no phone is perfect. Can you please share what you don't like about the phone?
1. The screen is good but not great. If you look up-close, you can see it's a bit grainy. There are better looking screens out there. In my subjective experience, the screen on my old Droid 2 Global was of higher quality, although obviously it was smaller. From the similarly priced/sized current phones, Dinc4G has a nicer looking screen, alas, it has a smaller battery - there's always a tradeoff, and what good is a nice screen if you run out of juice?

2. Audio quality was better on my old D2G as well. RazrM seems to have weaker amp/output and also weak bass. The bass can of course be fixed by applying some EQ.

It's not a bad phone and I still like mine, but it's a $50 phone for a reason.

Shawn Bryant

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Newbie here looking for my 1st smartphone. Liking what I'm reading about the RAZR M. I see lots of people saying it is a $49 phone, but on the Verizon site it is listed as $99. Is there something I'm missing there?

Gunner2000

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
I totally agree with everybody here! I just wish that I didn't have to go through all the hell with Verizon Wireless customer service and the Samsung Stratosphere over the last six months to get to this point. I will shout it from the rooftops "I love this phone!"
Sent from my XT907 using Android Central Forums

pdaniel219

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm with you on that Gunner2000. I just fit rid of the stratosphere myself. That thing was a nightmare. The RazrM is a world apart from that. I haven't had any problems and I've had it for a month. I would tell anyone thinking about it to just get it. You won't regret it.

Sent from my XT907 using Android Central Forums

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
With no pressure, from me, not that it would have been affective, anyways, my wife is moving from the iPhone4 to......YES! A Razr M!
She was about to pull the trigger on an iPhone 5, but realized there was nothing new, besides the updated Oi and a slightly larger screen.
Her white Mini comes via FedEx, today.
We both bought from third parties, IOT maintain unlimited data.

I still LOVE this little-Big phone! :D

tenzero

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Newbie here looking for my 1st smartphone. Liking what I'm reading about the RAZR M. I see lots of people saying it is a $49 phone, but on the Verizon site it is listed as $99. Is there something I'm missing there?

It was $49 in December. The promotion must have expired. It'll probably go back to $49 next month again.

Lucky me, I ordered mine yesterday as an upgrade on Amazon Wireless for a penny! Today it's back to $49, so who knows what they or VZW will do next.

Shawn Bryant

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
It was $49 in December. The promotion must have expired. It'll probably go back to $49 next month again.

OK, so end of last week amazon wireless had it for sale for $.01, that's right, 1 penny, so I upgraded my wife (she was due for the upgrade) and added the second line for myself (as I had a crappy old phone). Got the phones yesterday, look great, good first day so far for me!

blackjaguar25

Thunderbolter
Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
My wife loves this phone.

While it falls way short of my needs, it's great for hers.

Now I'm just trying to get the boot loader unlocked so i can install Google wallet

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the galaxy S III unfortunately on T-Mobile

In which ways does it not suit your needs?

Macev

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
I was due for an upgrade and chose the Lg Spectrum 2. Big mistake. The Lg is huge and heavy. Like a small tablet. Very impractical for a phone. So I brought it back and got a RAZR M. I have to say this phone is the best I've ever had. Much better than my IPhone 4. Its so fast and it was fee from Verizon with the upgrade. It came running JB out of the box. I really can't stress how perfect the size is and its lighter than the IPhone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith