1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts

Smile Micro SD Class 10 or higher?

Hi All,

I'm new the the forum and new to android (coming from webos) so forgive me if you start seeing me posting a bunch of oddball questions. Anyway, I want to buy an microSD card for my phone and was wondering if there was a limit to how high of a class the phone will take (ie class 6, class 10, etc)? Thanks for all the help. I look forward to learning the phone and embracing everything that is Android. The hardware is stellar but I'm still trying to learn the os and navigate through it.

Side question, is the preferred way to close an app to open the app view and swipe if to the side. Do I need to use one of the kill app apps in order to fully close out of an app? Thanks again.
    MacGyver Wannabe

Default Re: Micro SD Class 10 or higher?

Quote Originally Posted by dki378 View Post
    Hi All,

I'm new the the forum and new to android (coming from webos) so forgive me if you start seeing me posting a bunch of oddball questions. Anyway, I want to buy an microSD card for my phone and was wondering if there was a limit to how high of a class the phone will take (ie class 6, class 10, etc)? Thanks for all the help. I look forward to learning the phone and embracing everything that is Android. The hardware is stellar but I'm still trying to learn the os and navigate through it.

Side question, is the preferred way to close an app to open the app view and swipe if to the side. Do I need to use one of the kill app apps in order to fully close out of an app? Thanks again.
    Swiping them to the side is optional. Android handles memory management on its own so you don't need to do so. It's easier to leave apps alone if you intend to switch between them.

DO NOT INSTALL A TASK KILLER APP! They are completely unnecessary since Froyo (Android 2.2) and do more harm than good.
    Thanked by:
    dki378 
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts

Default Re: Micro SD Class 10 or higher?

Well, I can confirm that class 10 micro SDHC cards do work on the Razr M. This is the one I purchased and the phone recognized it right away: