How do you like your Jelly Bean?

lololovestech

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
For those of you who have received the update or pulled manually, how are you liking JB?

I had a horrible experience upgrading my Samsung Galaxy S2 from Gingerbread to ICS, rendering the phone pretty much unusable. I'm a tad gun shy to upgrade.

I will definitely factory reset before and after, but any other tips or pros/cons would be appreciated! I'm especially concerned about battery life.

Sent from my XT907 using Android Central Forums

CrocadileUT

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
I am very happy with the JellyBean update on the Razr M. There is a smoothness to it that I can't explain exactly, it just works really well. I assume it's Project Butter I'm observing. Bottom-line, yes it appears to be safe.

WAldenIV

MacGyver Wannabe
Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
There are lots of small visual tweaks and changes from ICS to JB. I like them for the most part.

Google Now is awesome. The new voice search is blazing fast and super awesome. Project Butter is noticeable; I never had an issue with ICS, but everything is so much smoother with JB.

anon(3653)

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
The buttons on my headset no longer allow me to start, pause, or fast forward music when the screen is off. I could always do it before JB. I use the Google Music app.

Geeks Unite

kmf1

May 5, 2011
Visit site
After the JB update tonight I received a Gmail message I indicating that there is/are a whole lot of apps/sources wanting access to my phone. I wish I had taken a screen shot to show. I had the choice to say "no thanks" which I did.

Anyone else getting this email from Google?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

lololovestech

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Did anyone lose Facebook contact pics with JB? I know some people has issues syncing photos to their contacts initially on ICS (I did - took a couple of uninstalls and restarts to get it to work - wrote about my solution in another thread). Curious if this will happen again when I factory reset before and after update. Thanks in advance!

Update: got Jelly Bean and so far so good. FB pics sync'd ok.

Sent from my XT907 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Swapped phones, Droid X for Razr M, Saturday. I got my Brand Spanking New (build date 21 Oct) Razr Mini, in the Mail Wednesday and got my hands on it Friday (was OOT on buzyness).
I turned it on and saw ICS, hooked it to my WiFi (no SIM card, yet) and downloaded JB, Factory reset and could not do anything but charge it until I got to Costco Saturday morning. VzW dude gave me a SIM card and set it up for free!
I figured why get used to ICS and get JB in a week or so. Now, I'm learning the ins and outs of JB and the new Moto. I'm digging it.
You guys not only helped me make the decision to get an M instead of a Maxx HD (just to damn big), but helped the transition, as well!

Question: Is it supposed to have a "Developer Options" menu?

Last edited:

anon(3653)

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
After the JB update tonight I received a Gmail message I indicating that there is/are a whole lot of apps/sources wanting access to my phone. I wish I had taken a screen shot to show. I had the choice to say "no thanks" which I did.

Anyone else getting this email from Google?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Anyone else get this?

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Khatru

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
No email from Google. I wasn't entirely enthralled after the JB update. There are some bugs that need to be worked out (I found workarounds, but it was inconvenient, as even Motorola level 2 tech support couldn't help).

Other than the few bugs though, I like the interface and the phone! It was a major step up from my Samsung Stratosphere. I would still like to have USB mass storage back - and even the audio equalizer - but all in all, I'm enjoying it!

TW1

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
So far so good with the update....except for no speed dial (how did this get approved??). Using the direct dial option but that's just more clutter on the home screen. Do like the calendar a bit more.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21