Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Jellybean RAZR m nfc

    So what can I do with it? Can't use google wallet. Can't use Isis. What else can I do productive

    Sent from my XT907 using Android Central Forums
  2. #2  
    WAldenIV's Avatar
    MacGyver Wannabe

    Posts
    612 Posts

    Default Re: Jellybean RAZR m nfc

    1. You should be Isis eligible now. It's only in Austin and SLC, though.

    2. I bought a pack of Samsung Tec Tiles. I have one at home, one in the car, and one at work. I use them to change my phone settings in a flash, e.g., wi-fi on or off, bluetooth on or off, volume levels.

    3. You can share pictures, videos, directions, web pages, and more between phones.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Jellybean RAZR m nfc

    Ok...its a shame the one thing I want to use it for I can't. Payments. Google wallet is perfect but of course the greed of Verizon. Google wallet is ready now but we have to wait for Isis and can't be rooted.

    They can mess up a good thing.

    But I will have to try those sheet things. How do you use them?

    Sent from my XT907 using Android Central Forums
  4. #4  
    WAldenIV's Avatar
    MacGyver Wannabe

    Posts
    612 Posts

    Default Re: Jellybean RAZR m nfc

    Quote Originally Posted by donebrasko View Post
    Ok...its a shame the one thing I want to use it for I can't. Payments. Google wallet is perfect but of course the greed of Verizon. Google wallet is ready now but we have to wait for Isis and can't be rooted.

    They can mess up a good thing.

    But I will have to try those sheet things. How do you use them?

    Sent from my XT907 using Android Central Forums
    Install this app: Samsung TecTile

    Then you can select the actions for a given tile. When you are satisfied with the actions, you select "program tile" and hold the phone to the tile. You have the option to lock the tile to one phone and/or lock the tile from being edited.

    The tiles cost just over $20 with tax and shipping for a pack of 5. I ordered directly from the Samsung website.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Jellybean RAZR m nfc

    Quote Originally Posted by WAldenIV View Post
    Install this app: Samsung TecTile

    Then you can select the actions for a given tile. When you are satisfied with the actions, you select "program tile" and hold the phone to the tile. You have the option to lock the tile to one phone and/or lock the tile from being edited.

    The tiles cost just over $20 with tax and shipping for a pack of 5. I ordered directly from the Samsung website.
    How do you get the phone to the previous state? Touch the same tectile?
  6. #6  
    WAldenIV's Avatar
    MacGyver Wannabe

    Posts
    612 Posts

    Default Re: Jellybean RAZR m nfc

    Quote Originally Posted by pizza_pablo View Post
    How do you get the phone to the previous state? Touch the same tectile?
    No, you'd need a second tile or have to adjust it manually.

    I have:

    Home: wifi on, Bluetooth off, medium volume
    Car: wifi off, Bluetooth on, high volume, launch Vlingo
    Work: wifi on, Bluetooth off, volume off
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Jellybean RAZR m nfc

    Quote Originally Posted by WAldenIV View Post
    No, you'd need a second tile or have to adjust it manually.

    I have:

    Home: wifi on, Bluetooth off, medium volume
    Car: wifi off, Bluetooth on, high volume, launch Vlingo
    Work: wifi on, Bluetooth off, volume off
    Got it. Thanks!

    Vlingo is better than the native voice functions?
  8. #8  
    WAldenIV's Avatar
    MacGyver Wannabe

    Posts
    612 Posts

    Default Re: Jellybean RAZR m nfc

    Quote Originally Posted by pizza_pablo View Post
    Got it. Thanks!

    Vlingo is better than the native voice functions?
    I only use Vlingo to read incoming text messages. I don't use the voice commands.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Jellybean RAZR m nfc

    Quote Originally Posted by WAldenIV View Post
    I only use Vlingo to read incoming text messages. I don't use the voice commands.
    Oh, OK. My Blueant Q2 reads texts to me, from my Droid X...I'm just sayin'
  10. #10  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WAldenIV View Post
    1. You should be Isis eligible now. It's only in Austin and SLC, though.
    I've seen this feature listed in numerous articles as being part of the update. yet, when I open the app, it still says the phone is not supported. It seems like Google Play thinks it should be, but Isis doesn't.

    I'm in the Austin area. Is there something I'm missing?

Similar Threads

  1. NFC: Any place to use it yet?
    By ether813 in forum T-Mobile Nexus S
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-10-2011, 09:52 AM
  2. RAZR has NFC hardware inside?
    By aweber1nj in forum Droid RAZR
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-08-2011, 06:00 PM
  3. Test NFC?
    By onthecouchagain in forum T-Mobile Nexus S
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 05-27-2011, 07:34 PM
  4. NFC reads...my credit card?!?!!
    By Droid800 in forum T-Mobile Nexus S
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-04-2011, 10:58 AM
  5. Will the DInc get NFC in Gingerbread?
    By FrankTheTank369#AC in forum Verizon Droid Incredible
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-11-2010, 04:28 AM

Posting Permissions