Problems (or annoyances) since installing JB

pjspaws

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Overall, the upgrade has been great. But a few things have changed since installing JB that kind of bug me.

First, if you turn vibrate off for a specific notification (like SMS), it doesn't vibrate when you set your ringer to vibrate. I want to hear the ding and not get the vibration when my phone is awake, but I still want it to vibrate when it's asleep. And I set the ringer to vibrate.

Second, text counts in the native app do not go above 200 for any conversation.

Third, I can no longer display the full month calendar in the Google Calendar widget anymore. It only displays the Agenda.

All are minor annoyances, and can probably be chalked up to my ignorance. But they're still annoying! Is any body else experiencing these things?

Sent from my XT907 using Android Central Forums

lololovestech

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
I'm finding that the phone lags a bit - sadness - it was super zippy on ICS. Overall, I don't notice too many obvious changes - different animations and extended notifications.

I'm hating the lag.

WAldenIV

MacGyver Wannabe
Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
200 messages has always been the text count limit. This goes back to at least Eclair.

Lolo, if you have lag, you may want to try a factory reset. JB should be smoother than ICS due to Project Butter alone.

anon(3653)

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
I did a factory reset for mine. Pain in the rear but is running much better.

Unfortunately my headset controls will not work when the screen is off and using Google Music.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

pjspaws

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
200 messages has always been the text count limit. This goes back to at least Eclair.

The default is 200. I've now manually set it to 500 twice since the JB install, and it reverted back to 200 each time.

pjspaws

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm finding that the phone lags a bit - sadness - it was super zippy on ICS. Overall, I don't notice too many obvious changes - different animations and extended notifications.

I'm hating the lag.

Mine lagged until I restarted it. Perhaps the memory just needed to be cleared.

anon(5384869)

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
As someone who is considering buying the M, how snappy/bug free is the JB update. I'd hate to see that the refinement the phone had at launch went out the window because of an OS update it couldn't handle (like Froyo did to the OG Droid). Does project butter help? Does the M run JB just as well as the demo units did on announce day?

lololovestech

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
WAldenIV, I did a reset before and after the update. The most obvious lag happens when trying to open text messages from the lock screen. I also sometimes find that messages that are new are marked as read (not bolded). But, I think it might be getting better. Not sure if the phone starts to become accustomed to the newer OS.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress