Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts

Default Youtube Quality Problem

I just upgraded my phone from Galaxy Nexus to this phone and I'm liking it a lot minus the occasional performance hiccups and the camera quality. One issue I ran into however is when I play a video on youtube app or YouTube mobile the pictures look grainy and pixels seem to break even on HD. When I play the same video on Galaxy Nexus it does not have this problem. I know this is not the phone's display issue because when I play a video stored on the phone, the quality is fine. Is there some kind of incompatibility issue with this phone and YouTube?

Default Re: Youtube Quality Problem

There is a quality setting in the YouTube app. Make sure it's set on the Highest Video Quality.

Sent using the Amazing RAZR MaxxHD
    "When you turn your Android on, does it return the favor?"
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rbess1965 View Post
    There is a quality setting in the YouTube app. Make sure it's set on the Highest Video Quality.

Sent using the Amazing RAZR MaxxHD
    The movie is played in HD mode. Is there a separate quality control in the menu?

Yes. In the settings of the YouTube app itself. It's purpose is to control Streaming quality. If your on 4G, then High quality on mobile mode can be on. If your on 3G you'll want to leave the box unchecked because an HD movie will not stream well over 3G.
    "When you turn your Android on, does it return the favor?"

Isn't that problem also related to bandwidth speed, a good thing to do is typing in the search box and see if the autocomplete actually works, that tells you if the bandwitdh is good.?.
    Last edited by theblackberrier; 12-13-2012 at 10:27 AM.