how's the M battery?

dki378

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
It seems like they have moved it since the JB update. We might have to start a new DB about where it's at plus, like I said, I can't get access to her phone right now.

The only thing that might be close might be "Backup Assistant Plus" under the "Accounts" heading but there is no toggle for turning syncing on or off.

RetiredJedi

Jul 13, 2010
jedi-soljah.iwarp.com
The only thing that might be close might be "Backup Assistant Plus" under the "Accounts" heading but there is no toggle for turning syncing on or off.

That's not the one. It's pretty odd that it's gone or hidden somewhere. When I get home I'll look for it on her phone. I went to motorola web site and they have a new JB owners manual for the M. I'll have to check it out.

johnriii

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I live in KC, where our signal is very strong just about everywhere we are. I plan to leave my new phone on 4G all the time, so my OP could be rephrased as how is the battery life on LTE?

RetiredJedi

Jul 13, 2010
jedi-soljah.iwarp.com

It looks like JB made them individual now. So look under settings, accounts and you see all the accounts that get synched. You should click on them and have an option to turn off auto synch

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Android Central Forums

dki378

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
It looks like JB made them individual now. So look under settings, accounts and you see all the accounts that get synched. You should click on them and have an option to turn off auto synch

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Android Central Forums

I see. Thanks for following up on this. I appreciate it!

mike9670

DROID Master
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I have had my M for two days now and the battery is amazing. Enough juice to make it thru the day. I'm just starting to use Smart Actions to turn Wi-Fi on at locations and turning off sync when screen is off.

johnriii

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
based on the input and research over the past 3 days, she now wants the Razr M. her only fear is having an "old" phone, since we don't upgrade until July 2013. the plus side to that is that the M may be damn near free by then, but the down side is that it will be almost a year old. spec-wise, I think it will still be relevant, but the social wave is to always have the "newest" device. I'm banking on the maxx HD being down around $150 by then, if not lower. of course, this may all be a moot point if motorola comes out with new smartphones within the next three months...I doubt they will, but you never know.

also, is the camera as horrible as most reviews suggest? my tbolt takes really good photos and video, I can't imagine something this new being worse than the dinosaur I have. of course, HTC could simply have a better camera, no matter the age of the phone. any thoughts on the camera for the M or the other Razr's???

RetiredJedi

Jul 13, 2010
jedi-soljah.iwarp.com
I have had my M for two days now and the battery is amazing. Enough juice to make it thru the day. I'm just starting to use Smart Actions to turn Wi-Fi on at locations and turning off sync when screen is off.

Try using WiFi Power saver app to turn off your WiFi when you leave those locations because it doesn't turn itself on. Unless you do it manually though.

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I have not enjoyed the superior battery life, that most are experiencing. I,too, have upgraded to the M from the DX.
I am using Smart Actions and think they are awesome, but battery life is marginally better than the old DX.
I live in a sketchy 3G/4G area. perhaps the constant switching is draining the battery.
I am reluctant to select 3g only, but may have to resort to that.
I installed JB prior to original activation then, performed system reset and wiped cache partition, in an effort to improve battery life.

What would cause the phone to be awake, as much as shown, with the screen off?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2.png
    Screenshot_2.png
    69.5 KB · Views: 34
  • Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_1.png
    84.6 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

steve0617

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
I live in a sketchy 3G/4G area. perhaps the constant switching is draining the battery.

What would cause the phone to be awake, as much as shown, with the screen off?

If you are dropping in and out of 4G back to 3, yea, that'll nuke a battery. Maybe the M isn't the right phone for your particular location? Maybe the Maxx or Maxx HD so it could have enough juice to handle the back and forth? That's not cool to say of course, but it might be the only thing that works for you.

Anything that autosyncs would cause the phone to show awake. Maybe grab one of those apps that tracks everything your phone does?

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
If you are dropping in and out of 4G back to 3, yea, that'll nuke a battery. Maybe the M isn't the right phone for your particular location? Maybe the Maxx or Maxx HD so it could have enough juice to handle the back and forth? That's not cool to say of course, but it might be the only thing that works for you.

Anything that autosyncs would cause the phone to show awake. Maybe grab one of those apps that tracks everything your phone does?
I googled for those kinds of tracker apps, with no luck.
Do you recall any names?

My final decision was between the M and the MAXX, but the size of the MAXX turned me away. I really like the M!
I have resorted to giving a try to turning off 4G. I have selected CDMA auto (PRL). We'll see how that goes, for a few days.
I reckon this wil all be moot, in a few years, when all areas have good 4G.... (eyes looking up).

steve0617

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
I've been wandering. Obviously can't come up withthe correct term. tracker, monitor, action, function all no go.

On your phone, open the play store and search for 'better battery stats.' Then click on the '1644 results' on the upper right. That'll show you all the battery related apps that it associates with 'Better Battery Stats.'

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site

CrocadileUT

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Here are my results today, not bad I'd say.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1354153141659.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1354153141659.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 47

pdarrah

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
My stats last night looked almost identical to CrockadileUT above. I had it on 13hrs, 30min and screen was 53% of my usage. I still had 59% battery left. I checked and I had the screen on nearly 3 hrs. Odds are most of that was while I was waiting around for my kid at fiddle and karate lessons. Spent a LOT of time on twitter & the web to pass the time!

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I have only had the phone a few days so this is what I have seen so far. Yesterday was a very typical day for me using my phone. I spent about a hour talk time, sent about 50 to 60 text messages, used navigation for two 20 minute trips, checked twitter and facebook a handful of times, spent about 30 min using Google Now/Chrome for various searches and messed around with some settings at lunch. I unplugged at 5:30am and had to plug back in at 7:30pm with about 20% left on the battery. I would normally plug in while in the car or at the office, but I wanted to get an idea of how long the battery would last. If yesterday was any indication of how things will go I am very happy. What a great phone this is.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781