Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
    DROID Master

Global Posts
    791 Global Posts
    ROM

Default Re: how's the M battery?

I have had my M for two days now and the battery is amazing. Enough juice to make it thru the day. I'm just starting to use Smart Actions to turn Wi-Fi on at locations and turning off sync when screen is off.
    [
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #27  

based on the input and research over the past 3 days, she now wants the Razr M. her only fear is having an "old" phone, since we don't upgrade until July 2013. the plus side to that is that the M may be damn near free by then, but the down side is that it will be almost a year old. spec-wise, I think it will still be relevant, but the social wave is to always have the "newest" device. I'm banking on the maxx HD being down around $150 by then, if not lower. of course, this may all be a moot point if motorola comes out with new smartphones within the next three months...I doubt they will, but you never know.

also, is the camera as horrible as most reviews suggest? my tbolt takes really good photos and video, I can't imagine something this new being worse than the dinosaur I have. of course, HTC could simply have a better camera, no matter the age of the phone. any thoughts on the camera for the M or the other Razr's???

Quote Originally Posted by telemike View Post
    I have had my M for two days now and the battery is amazing. Enough juice to make it thru the day. I'm just starting to use Smart Actions to turn Wi-Fi on at locations and turning off sync when screen is off.
    Try using WiFi Power saver app to turn off your WiFi when you leave those locations because it doesn't turn itself on. Unless you do it manually though.

I have not enjoyed the superior battery life, that most are experiencing. I,too, have upgraded to the M from the DX.
    I am using Smart Actions and think they are awesome, but battery life is marginally better than the old DX.
    I live in a sketchy 3G/4G area. perhaps the constant switching is draining the battery.
    I am reluctant to select 3g only, but may have to resort to that.
    I installed JB prior to original activation then, performed system reset and wiped cache partition, in an effort to improve battery life.

What would cause the phone to be awake, as much as shown, with the screen off?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails how's the M battery?-screenshot_2.png   how's the M battery?-screenshot_1.png  
    Last edited by pizza_pablo; 11-28-2012 at 10:11 AM. Reason: add text
    Thanked by:
    DROID Master

Global Posts
    791 Global Posts
    ROM

Those are better times than I got with my Optimus S

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2
    [

Quote Originally Posted by pizza_pablo View Post
    I live in a sketchy 3G/4G area. perhaps the constant switching is draining the battery.

If you are dropping in and out of 4G back to 3, yea, that'll nuke a battery. Maybe the M isn't the right phone for your particular location? Maybe the Maxx or Maxx HD so it could have enough juice to handle the back and forth? That's not cool to say of course, but it might be the only thing that works for you.

Anything that autosyncs would cause the phone to show awake. Maybe grab one of those apps that tracks everything your phone does?

Quote Originally Posted by steve0617 View Post
    If you are dropping in and out of 4G back to 3, yea, that'll nuke a battery. Maybe the M isn't the right phone for your particular location? Maybe the Maxx or Maxx HD so it could have enough juice to handle the back and forth? That's not cool to say of course, but it might be the only thing that works for you.

Anything that autosyncs would cause the phone to show awake. Maybe grab one of those apps that tracks everything your phone does?
    I googled for those kinds of tracker apps, with no luck.
    Do you recall any names?

My final decision was between the M and the MAXX, but the size of the MAXX turned me away. I really like the M!
    I have resorted to giving a try to turning off 4G. I have selected CDMA auto (PRL). We'll see how that goes, for a few days.
    I reckon this wil all be moot, in a few years, when all areas have good 4G.... (eyes looking up).

Here's one to start: http://goo.gl/E1mbp

There's dozens if you wander around the Play store.

Here's one to start: http://goo.gl/E1mbp

There's dozens if you wander around the Play store.
    I've been wandering. Obviously can't come up withthe correct term. tracker, monitor, action, function all no go.

Quote Originally Posted by pizza_pablo View Post
    I've been wandering. Obviously can't come up withthe correct term. tracker, monitor, action, function all no go.
    On your phone, open the play store and search for 'better battery stats.' Then click on the '1644 results' on the upper right. That'll show you all the battery related apps that it associates with 'Better Battery Stats.'

On your phone, open the play store and search for 'better battery stats.' Then click on the '1644 results' on the upper right. That'll show you all the battery related apps that it associates with 'Better Battery Stats.'
    You're a champ! "stats"! duh!
    In my wandering, I found this https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...=search_result which looks useful.

Here are my results today, not bad I'd say.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails how's the M battery?-uploadfromtaptalk1354153141659.jpg  
    jcochran1977 likes this.

My stats last night looked almost identical to CrockadileUT above. I had it on 13hrs, 30min and screen was 53% of my usage. I still had 59% battery left. I checked and I had the screen on nearly 3 hrs. Odds are most of that was while I was waiting around for my kid at fiddle and karate lessons. Spent a LOT of time on twitter & the web to pass the time!
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #39  

I'm liking this phone more and more. maybe I can force an early upgrade???

Global Posts
    706 Global Posts

I have only had the phone a few days so this is what I have seen so far. Yesterday was a very typical day for me using my phone. I spent about a hour talk time, sent about 50 to 60 text messages, used navigation for two 20 minute trips, checked twitter and facebook a handful of times, spent about 30 min using Google Now/Chrome for various searches and messed around with some settings at lunch. I unplugged at 5:30am and had to plug back in at 7:30pm with about 20% left on the battery. I would normally plug in while in the car or at the office, but I wanted to get an idea of how long the battery would last. If yesterday was any indication of how things will go I am very happy. What a great phone this is.
    Thanked by:
    jcochran1977 likes this.

Using my pics, in post #29...

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts

Do you have Google now enabled?

Good battery life today

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails how's the M battery?-uploadfromtaptalk1354842565816.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by jetking2 View Post
    Do you have Google now enabled?

Were you asking me?
    If so, no, my google now is off.

ROM
    Stock

i skipped through the thread so my post might not be relevant anymore, but: I've had the phone for a few days now and the battery life is phenomenal (coming from a tbolt). I have location services turned on, google now at full powah, etc.. I pretty much whip this thing out whenever I feel like without worrying that i'll run out of power later. I usually end up with about 12 hours on battery and about 50-60% batt left. good enough for me!
    johnriii likes this.

When I have solid service, my battery lasts fenominally.
    When my phone is constantly switching 4G/3g/1X/none, battery is drained quickly.

I just got this phone and I use it as my work phone. My galaxy nexus doesn't even last no where near this long with the extended battery on.

Personal: Sprint Galaxy Nexus LTE, Nexus 7 16gb tablet

If i have helped you, please hit the Thanks or Like button below!
    Thanked by:
    TW1

Four days with this and coming from the DX this is awesome. When I got the update Saturday to 4.1.1 it seemed to drain a bit more but I think it was just because I had only one cycle on this battery. So far it has had two cycles through it and I think that it's finally hit puberty. I'm at 1d2h39m and at 55%...obviously haven't been on it like a teenager but it's had some solid use over the past 2 days.
    Thanked by:
    DeputyBob likes this.

Motorola Razr M + stock Android 4.1.2 on Verizon

I can't seem to get more then a day or two on one charge and I'm not using my phone that much I think.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast