Developer Edition Question
I'm looking to pick up a razr m at full price, so I might as well buy the developer edition from motorola. On their site, they mention that if you decide to unlock the bootloader, the following will occurr:
HOW UNLOCKING YOUR BOOTLOADER COULD IMPACT YOUR DEVICE
■You will lose all media and content on your device and will need to reinstall all applications downloaded from Google Play.
■You will not be able to watch any movies you downloaded.
■Applications may not work anymore.
■You may lose encryption support.
■You may lose some key functions like telephone, radio, and audio playback.
■You could cause permanent/physical damage to your device.
■Unlocking your bootloader will not change your device subsidy lock status
Why would I no longer be able to watch any movies that I downloaded? This seems a bit strange.
- 11-28-2012, 12:29 PM #2a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!
Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
- By Tribe92 in forum Verizon Galaxy S3Replies: 2Last Post: 09-14-2012, 10:25 PM
- By Jerry Hildenbrand in forum Verizon Galaxy S3 Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 50Last Post: 08-22-2012, 05:37 PM
- By jackmei2 in forum Verizon Galaxy S3Replies: 2Last Post: 08-15-2012, 10:10 PM
- By Premium1 in forum Rumored Devices LoungeReplies: 0Last Post: 01-29-2012, 09:10 PM
- By kardin in forum HTC G1/Dream Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 1Last Post: 07-23-2010, 03:18 PM