RAZR M Problems

grn4frk

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Hello everyone,

My friend just got her first Android phone, a RAZR M, coming from a Blackberry on November 18th but has been having numerous problems with it and even got a second new one out of the box from the store, all having the same issues.

When she gets a text message, it will show it in the status bar but sometimes when she goes to read the message in her inbox, it's gone.

They replaced her first M with a new one at the store. The MIA text message is still happening and last night her screen went fuzzy (didn't drop it) so she turned it off and put it on the charger. The phone would not boot all day until she was on her way to the Verizon store yet again. They keep resetting the phone at the store but it isn't fixing the problem. They told her it doesn't matter if they send her a new one because it'll keep happening? I know the employees at the store are usually clueless, I consider myself pretty tech savvy but these issues, I have no idea what's going on.

I don't want to lose her to an iPhone like all of her friends are telling her to do. So I'm trying my best to think of what to do. Has anyone else had these problems and if so, any ideas how to resolve them?

(& yes..she has done the 4.1 update to both phones..if that helps in anyway)

TW1

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
As a fellow Mountaineer (97') I would be happy to try and help. Truly sounds like you have a bad batch of phones there. I replaced the stock text app with Handcent (many more UI options) works much better I think. The "fuzzy" phone thing is very weird though.

Jeff Da

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Could the problems or at least the fuzzy screen come from a bad setting from the back service? If it's not fixed yet I would try a factory reset and then telling it not to restore and see if that works.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

pegb856

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Just a quick note that a bad SDcard can also reek havoc with a phone. Sometimes phones will manifest symptoms that you'd never guess are related to a bad media card but once you remove the card the issues stop. Just food for thought or "if all else fails" try this.

Hope her issues are resolved, I'll be curious to see what the cause (if found) is.

Jrotten98

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Only problems I have had is: 1) short battery life, which has gotten better and 2) my phone turns off in the middle of the night while charging, which is VERY inconvenient! I then have to do a reset in order to get it to turn on, by holding the power button and down button for 10 secs. Oh, and 3) bad reception/signal strength. I had to switch from Global to LTE/CDMA, which I guess is normal bc the phone is set to Global from the factory.

Any help or info with the phone turning off would be greatfully appreciated! I was told at the store that I had a corrupt app/file which was deleted and that should help! NOPE!! On a different visit I was told that it is a known problem, but only with the phones that dont have a removeable battery, incl the iPhone. Dont know if this is true or not! I have 2 friends with the same phone, and they dont have the problem. Suggestions?

MisseyDoo

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I have been experiencing lots of problems with my RAZR M. I had my first one for not even a week and had to get a new one because when I was talking on the phone with my mom. She would start saying hello she couldn't here me but I could here her fine. I would have to put the phone on speaker in order for her to here me again and on top of that my battery life was really bad. I got my new one thinking everything was good now but no. It freezes up a lot and is now doing the same thing when im on the phone. My messages are doing the same thing yours is doing and it randomly shuts off. I am so frustrated and all Verizon while say when I got the the store is they have to see the problem in order to do anything about it. I am tired of this phone I want a totally different phone already and its only been about 6 month if that.

dylanrod24

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone,

My friend just got her first Android phone, a RAZR M, coming from a Blackberry on November 18th but has been having numerous problems with it and even got a second new one out of the box from the store, all having the same issues.

When she gets a text message, it will show it in the status bar but sometimes when she goes to read the message in her inbox, it's gone.

They replaced her first M with a new one at the store. The MIA text message is still happening and last night her screen went fuzzy (didn't drop it) so she turned it off and put it on the charger. The phone would not boot all day until she was on her way to the Verizon store yet again. They keep resetting the phone at the store but it isn't fixing the problem. They told her it doesn't matter if they send her a new one because it'll keep happening? I know the employees at the store are usually clueless, I consider myself pretty tech savvy but these issues, I have no idea what's going on.

I don't want to lose her to an iPhone like all of her friends are telling her to do. So I'm trying my best to think of what to do. Has anyone else had these problems and if so, any ideas how to resolve them?

(& yes..she has done the 4.1 update to both phones..if that helps in anyway)

Replace the stock texting app with Textra. Textra is a very good texting app. I've been using it for months and I love it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR M

Bitterman

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
The software update they pushed out about a week and a half ago is supposed to fix some issues with the stock SMS app.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SandiR