1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    RPE

Default Rapid Battery Drain Issue

I've had the Razr M since late October and have had no issues/problems until today. I usually can go from a full charge in the morning after charging all night and still have 40%-50% battery life remaining when I plug it in when I go to bed at night. I'm a very moderate user. A couple 3-5 minute phone calls per day. Limited text & email. Periodic peeks at Facebook. Light Words With Friends play. Today the phone lost battery life very rapidly and went from 65%-70% to 4% in about an hour. And the phone got hot. I shut it down and charged it back to 100%, and so far it seems to be holding battery power at a normal rate, and it no longer burns my hand when I hold it. But what the heck happened? And should I expect it to happen again?

Default Re: Rapid Battery Drain Issue

My guess is it was a run-away program caught in a loop and using 100% processor. Do you know the last thing that you did prior to the overheating? Will it happen again? Yes, as long as you use "that" particular program under the right set of conditions. It may never happen again too. So, I wouldn't worry about it unless it does happen again.

Default Re: Rapid Battery Drain Issue

This happened to me and the phone got so hot I thought it was going to catch on fire! It was my 2nd day using the phone and what I saw was that about 10 different apps were all updating at the same time. The battery dropped quickly just as you described and when I checked the Battery usage screen, Facebook had used 56%. I'm guessing it (Facebook) somehow went into rogue mode. So far everything is back to normal after a force close of Facebook and a recharge. The heat of the phone was amazing - I mean I seriously thought it was going to throw some flames.