1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Chase mobile- can anyone get check deposit to work?

Hey- anyone use Chase mobile on their Razr M (or other Droid phone from Verizon)?

I can use the app except for the check deposit- it invariably crashes when I hit the "use" button after taking a picture of the check. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling app and using it with wifi on or off, but no luck. Interestingly, I also tried it on my Thrive tablet (which is wifi only), and same thing happens- crashes when trying to send check image. My girlfriend uses the app on her iphone and never has any problem.

Any ideas why the app keeps crashing?

Default Re: Chase mobile- can anyone get check deposit to work?

I'll try to deposit a check next time I get one - and I'll get back to you. Eager to try it! Only used Bank of America's app so far. And that worked fine.

Sent from my XT907 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP JB mr1 Milestone 1

I've had the same issue with my gnex. Thought maybe the photo quality was the issue. Haven't tried it lately. Works fine with 5/3 Bank app on moto RAZR m.

I make deposit's on a weekly basis with the Chase Mobile app and it always works perfectly fine. Just make sure you take a nice clear picture. Shouldn't be anything wrong with your phone.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Strange though that it crashes with the "unfortunately, the chase app has stopped working" every time I try to send in a check image. Shouldn't it just give some sort of message that the image was unacceptable instead of crashing? The images look pretty clear to me, but i guess I could try in better lighting and see if that helps. Also, the same thing happens on my Toshiba Thrive tablet. I'm running ICS on both my Razr M and my tablet. Are you guys running ICS or JB?

It will not give you a message stating that it did not receive a clear image. The deposit will just fail after you try to process it. I am running JB 4.1.1
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Nope- no message that it didn't receive a clear image- just crashes invariably when I hit the "use" button to send the image.

I looked at the feedback on the Chase app on the Google Play site, and many people have the same problem. So I guess I just have to wait and see if it gets ironed out in an update.

I have the same issue on my Samsung Galaxy S4. The image won't even focus , but strangely, it will shoot the photo anyway, and it comes out elongated with lines at the bottom, but in-focus otherwise. I hit "Use", and the app crashes. I've even spoken to Chase customer service, and the gentleman that I spoke to tried it and even HE had the same problem! All he could say is sorry and that he would let his supervisor know. You'd think with the massive wealth this company has, they could put some programmers on the case. Pathetic.

Have you tried different checks? I had problems with this app, then tried to deposit the check at the atm and it still didn't work. Had to go into the bank!

Sent from my phone with the app.