Chase mobile- can anyone get check deposit to work?

nickriviera12

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Hey- anyone use Chase mobile on their Razr M (or other Droid phone from Verizon)?

I can use the app except for the check deposit- it invariably crashes when I hit the "use" button after taking a picture of the check. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling app and using it with wifi on or off, but no luck. Interestingly, I also tried it on my Thrive tablet (which is wifi only), and same thing happens- crashes when trying to send check image. My girlfriend uses the app on her iphone and never has any problem.

Any ideas why the app keeps crashing?

lololovestech

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
I'll try to deposit a check next time I get one - and I'll get back to you. Eager to try it! Only used Bank of America's app so far. And that worked fine.

Sent from my XT907 using Android Central Forums

KYHusker

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
I've had the same issue with my gnex. Thought maybe the photo quality was the issue. Haven't tried it lately. Works fine with 5/3 Bank app on moto RAZR m.

bcooks80

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
I make deposit's on a weekly basis with the Chase Mobile app and it always works perfectly fine. Just make sure you take a nice clear picture. Shouldn't be anything wrong with your phone.

nickriviera12

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Strange though that it crashes with the "unfortunately, the chase app has stopped working" every time I try to send in a check image. Shouldn't it just give some sort of message that the image was unacceptable instead of crashing? The images look pretty clear to me, but i guess I could try in better lighting and see if that helps. Also, the same thing happens on my Toshiba Thrive tablet. I'm running ICS on both my Razr M and my tablet. Are you guys running ICS or JB?

bcooks80

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
It will not give you a message stating that it did not receive a clear image. The deposit will just fail after you try to process it. I am running JB 4.1.1

nickriviera12

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Nope- no message that it didn't receive a clear image- just crashes invariably when I hit the "use" button to send the image.

I looked at the feedback on the Chase app on the Google Play site, and many people have the same problem. So I guess I just have to wait and see if it gets ironed out in an update.

samlens

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
I have the same issue on my Samsung Galaxy S4. The image won't even focus , but strangely, it will shoot the photo anyway, and it comes out elongated with lines at the bottom, but in-focus otherwise. I hit "Use", and the app crashes. I've even spoken to Chase customer service, and the gentleman that I spoke to tried it and even HE had the same problem! All he could say is sorry and that he would let his supervisor know. You'd think with the massive wealth this company has, they could put some programmers on the case. Pathetic.

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried different checks? I had problems with this app, then tried to deposit the check at the atm and it still didn't work. Had to go into the bank!

Sent from my phone with the app.

sieger007

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
I had a cheap chinese android phone Landovo L200. It took pictures at constant focal length 3.5mm. Supposed to have auto and touch focus , but I wonder if that lens ever moved for touch focus. Prob. is with the camera and stupidly designed app.
Stupidly Designed Chase App
<> The camera snap module does not have any control feature which lets you SWITCH off the dang flash and Increase indoor exp. compensation.
<> It insists on Live Photo . No option to choose an existing JPEG file ( which you can bring from outside or take with better designed cam i/f )

Camera Probs
Indoors camera loved firing that flash and it gave bluish tinge to the whole thing.

Solved By :

<> 1st off remove any other extensions of from check ( tear off at the cutting lines )
<> Keep check VERTICAL NOT FLAT ON GROUND
<> Then SWITCH OFF YOUR LAPTOP SCREEN ( STANDBY) AND KEEP CHECK AGAINST TOTALLY BACKGROUND.
<> NOW SHOOT IN SUCH A MANNER THERE IS NO SHADOW OF YOUR HAND INTERFERING AND FLASH LIGHT IS EVENLY DISTRIBUTED.I did this by 1st composing the picture, touch focusing it and then switching hands holding the camera.,
that did the trick. Check was picked up

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech