Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By WAldenIV
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Smart Actions - Home Hule

Loved using Smart Actions with ICS, but since upgrading to JB, I can't seem to get any rules to work that require locations, especially he Home Rule (which worked beautifully before). Phone can't seem to find my location - but ALL location services are ON. I've tried it @ multiple locations, tried hand-entering locations, or choosing a location from my address book. Each time I get a message stating, sorry, your address cannot be found. I checked a satellite-finding app to make sure the phone was finding satellites ok. So, WTF?

Anyone else come across this issue? (Please do not suggest Samsung tech tiles as a solution - I'm looking to get the App working).

Sent from my XT907 using Android Central Forums
    MacGyver Wannabe

Default Re: Smart Actions - Home Hule

I found the location settings to be too unreliable so I started using the TecTiles. I'd rather be out $20 and have 100% effectiveness. Unfortunately it sounds like you've already tried everything I could suggest. Wifi is typically sufficient to determine location (and often suggested within apps). Maybe you should try a factory reset.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Someone up there @ Motorola mobility must have been listening because they just sent out an update today that completely fixes the problems.

Case closed.

Sent from my XT907 using Android Central Forums
    MacGyver Wannabe

I'm glad the updated resolved the problem. People shouldn't have to pay extra and be forced into using NFC to get the built-in functionality of the phone to work as intended.
    lololovestech likes this.