More battery life

Jeff Da

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I was wondering what I can do to increase battery life. I have been using my RAZR m a lot today but I went from a full charge to now 40% without using any taxing apps. I've only had data and WiFi on today and even if they drain a lot of power a cell phone shouldn't be going this fast I think. I'm going to let the battery run to 0% and see if that helps.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Jeff Da

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Okay I've let the battery run down to auto shut down and I've disabled the Verizon sync service bloatware so I'm hoping that that will help a lot in battery life.

Anyone have any ideas for better battery life?

Jeff Da

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Running the battery until 0% didn't help, one hour still took about 4% out of the charge. I don't know how people are claiming a few days on one charge while using their phone all day while they have WiFi, data and maybe even Bluetooth going, I can't get even one day off of a full charge!

I've disabled Verizon sync, Facebook sync, display is at 50%. I do have WiFi and data on but when the phone is in stand by the WiFi should turn off right?

If anyone has any ideas I'd love to hear them because I'm out of my own.

dki378

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Okay I've let the battery run down to auto shut down and I've disabled the Verizon sync service bloatware so I'm hoping that that will help a lot in battery life.

Which Verizon sync service are you talking about? I still have a very cloudy understanding on what sync services are active on my phone and would like to disable this as well. Thanks.

Jeff Da

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
It's just called sync service, it's icon is just a red square with a cloud in it. It will keep the backup services from Verizon from starting but it will disable my verizon . I don't think that I'll use that often if at all so it doesn't matter that much to me. Google sync isn't affected with disabling the Verizon sync. I only want Google sync which I sat on manual so I'm good.

skippylou

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I've only had this phone a few days, but for me the battery has been much better than others (blows the gnex out of the water). I've been getting through a full day with ease and use the phone quite a bit. One thing I'll note, I never have the screen higher than around 20-25%. The screen definitely uses quite a bit of juice so the lower you can use it comfortably the better battery life you'll see.

Jeff Da

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
When I disabled the Verizon backup thing I saw a HUGE increase in battery life as well, to me at least, my phone seems a little faster too. I don't like bloatware which Verizon loads their phones with and I hate when it's made to where I can't remove or at least disable it.

Jeff Da

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Verizon back up thing does about the same thing as Google backup. It can be found under the all tab in the apps menu. You can't remove it but you can disable it.